Prospect Info: [2024 - 130th] Tyler Thorpe (RW) - Vancouver Giants (WHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Man that was great. Thanks

He is tha man. Just simple as that. In his mind, he's in it and going for it. His max *may* be 3rd-4th line but he could be that very good, team drafted, perenial bottom 6 dude that does a really good job for his role.

We might just have that nice steady 4th line allready. Say... Tuch also makes it and Beck becomes our Evans+ for the next 10 years... we good!

I really like our picks in the Hugue era and how the org manages the prospects person-side / athlete-side.

This is a kid with the right state of mind, ready to keep growing with a great athletic base and good iq. I'm excited about this dude. It'd be nice to see him make it and be that guy, we need that.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
To get Martone, we would need a very bad year.
Yes, but I'm not even being greedy and asking for 1st overall, just 2nd.

The more likely target is Roger McQueen maybe.

However this draft has a lot of big boys, especially where the Habs are probable to draft ( around 10th is fair ) and throughout the draft to add to Thorpe and Xhekaj

Hoping for a big year. He'd need a monster first part of the season to be noticed by team Canada.

Edit: I really hope he gets a pre-season game, or two with the Habs

Last edited:
Reactions: jrom

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

However this draft has a lot of big boys, especially where the Habs are probable to draft ( around 10th is fair ) and throughout the draft to add to Thorpe and Xhekaj

Hoping for a big year. He'd need a monster first part of the season to be noticed by team Canada.

This franchise , if it could suck one more year and get a top 3 pick one more time, they would be well on their way and I'd be all for it. Great group of players top 5 this year, we could really really use them. I'm not sold on Roy, Newhook and who knows what Beck is going to do (I'm a fan of his however)

So many bottom teams got much better this year, we got Laine and really that's it. Our blueline is still going to be chasing teams, and the goaltending .. another question mark. I think we can draft top 5

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

I think the Habs are going to be looking at the top RD available rather than a forward this draft considering how poor the pipeline is after Mailloux and Reinbacher, RD are not easy to acquire in trades, especially if one of those two don't become top 4 NHL defensemen or Barron doesn't takes a huge leap this year, that could sink a rebuild quickly.

Reactions: bsl

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Man that was great. Thanks

He is tha man. Just simple as that. In his mind, he's in it and going for it. His max *may* be 3rd-4th line but he could be that very good, team drafted, perenial bottom 6 dude that does a really good job for his role.

We might just have that nice steady 4th line allready. Say... Tuch also makes it and Beck becomes our Evans+ for the next 10 years... we good!

I really like our picks in the Hugue era and how the org manages the prospects person-side / athlete-side.

This is a kid with the right state of mind, ready to keep growing with a great athletic base and good iq. I'm excited about this dude. It'd be nice to see him make it and be that guy, we need that.
If I were Florian, I’d be working on my 200 ft game and forechecking. He could also slot in on the 4th.

This franchise , if it could suck one more year and get a top 3 pick one more time, they would be well on their way and I'd be all for it. Great group of players top 5 this year, we could really really use them. I'm not sold on Roy, Newhook and who knows what Beck is going to do (I'm a fan of his however)

So many bottom teams got much better this year, we got Laine and really that's it. Our blueline is still going to be chasing teams, and the goaltending .. another question mark. I think we can draft top 5
Health, more scoring, more experience, better PP. no way they’re drafting top 5 again. I think the difference between 5 and 10 last year was, what? 8-10 points? That’s easily made up.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
If I were Florian, I’d be working on my 200 ft game and forechecking. He could also slot in on the 4th.

Health, more scoring, more experience, better PP. no way they’re drafting top 5 again. I think the difference between 5 and 10 last year was, what? 8-10 points? That’s easily made up.

We always say 'the team is going to be healthier' and they never are, so I wouldn't count on that. Plus the other teams around us got better, besides the obvious Columbus. Sharks and Ducks are going to be much better, so will Philly and the Sens. Bedard plays a full year in Chicago, they improve as well, but they will be a bottom team too.

We are going to score goals, we won't be keeping them out, I don't see it.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This might be an example of what people refer to as "progression".

Screenshot_20240903-135400.png

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He's got the size but it's the fact that he has legit strength in shooting makes his NHL dreams not far fetched. Looking forward to seeing him continue his path

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This kid is pretty well spoken. And a big physical guy who can skate and has a shot always has a chance as a bottom 6.
A big guy who can skate whatever he plays in the NHL or not is a matter of attitude. Travis Moyen had about 0 skills. He was big, could skate and had the right attitude.

I like Thorpe and Merrill picks. They look like good gamble to make at those rounds.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
A big guy who can skate whatever he plays in the NHL or not is a matter of attitude. Travis Moyen had about 0 skills. He was big, could skate and had the right attitude.

I like Thorpe and Merrill picks. They look like good gamble to make at those rounds.
Dont know when you began watching the Habs, but I recall us taking, year after year, big guys who had various attributes, except skating. To name a few. Terry Ryan, Jason Ward, Mark Pederson and Brad Brown, All busted or were mediocre picks, Its remarkable how an organization can so little value the skill of skating for a game played on the ice. But that is the past. Now we are clearly valuing skating and therefore are making as you say, good gambles.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Dont know when you began watching the Habs, but I recall us taking, year after year, big guys who had various attributes, except skating. To name a few. Terry Ryan, Jason Ward, Mark Pederson and Brad Brown, All busted or were mediocre picks, Its remarkable how an organization can so little value the skill of skating for a game played on the ice. But that is the past. Now we are clearly valuing skating and therefore are making as you say, good gambles.
Yeah i'm old enough to remember "Le Boeuf de l'Ouest" era. The main problem is we also were taking them early like Lindsay Valis. Taking those guys in the first round is never a good idea unless the skills is elite. In the 5th round it's a good gamble.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
You can add turner Stevenson to that list. The league back then wasn't a fast league like it is now. The bigger and tougher you were, the more likely it was for you to get drafted. Montreal was just terrible at drafting back then. So many first round busts in the 90's.

Reactions: jaffy27

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
We always say 'the team is going to be healthier' and they never are, so I wouldn't count on that. Plus the other teams around us got better, besides the obvious Columbus. Sharks and Ducks are going to be much better, so will Philly and the Sens. Bedard plays a full year in Chicago, they improve as well, but they will be a bottom team too.

We are going to score goals, we won't be keeping them out, I don't see it.
If the D and goaltending is so bad, then why were they involved in what, 30ish one goal games last year? While missing Dach and others for periods of time. I don’t see the Ducks or Sharks being better either. You’re going to be very, very surprised. Which is good!

Reactions: Tyson

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
If the D and goaltending is so bad, then why were they involved in what, 30ish one goal games last year? While missing Dach and others for periods of time. I don’t see the Ducks or Sharks being better either. You’re going to be very, very surprised. Which is good!

Out of the 30ish one goal games, I wonder how many were against bottom feeding teams like Montreal? I'd be interested to see how we stacked up against top vs bottom teams. We played a lot of bad teams down the stretch and bubble teams. I think the East is going to be tough again, the Sens and Philly will be better for sure.

The Sharks should be 10x better with their young talent coming on board, and Askarov, Smith.. they are on the way up. It will be a fun year in Montreal though

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021

You have to consider Dach returning( and staying healthy) as an add as well. We almost gained an entire second line from last year

Reactions: Sagikev and jaffy27

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Don’t forget Luke Tuch….

Laine
Slaf
Dach
F. Xhekaj
Thorpe
Tuch

Our fwd group
Is starting to look like a herd of giraffes!!!
We’re assembling one of the biggest rosters I’ve seen. seriously. Obviously not all forward prospects will pan out. But I’d say at least four of those guys play full time and then add Guhle/Reinbacher/Mailloux and Xhekaj on the back end.

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad