Prospect Info: 2024 117th OA : Blake Montgomery (C)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Another guy I had on my list. Crazy athletic kid, explosive. He's a long-term project but he could be something.

Numbers don't jump off the page but he's very projectable when you watch him.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I wonder if the Sens invite Blake's older brother, Bryce Montgomery, to development camp and try to salvage him as a prospect. He certainly has some interesting tools and would only need an AHL contract to keep his rights. Maybe give him a prospect camp and rookie tournament invite and see if he can earn that contract.

Reactions: Icelevel

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Interestingly, this player (along with Mathieu Joseph) continues the trade tree of our first ever franchise pick, Alexei Yashin.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Elite Prospects
Blake Montgomery is a play-driving power winger with speed to burn, shooting skill, vision, and defensive ability. Montgomery’s powerful crossover burst, high pace, and creative handling enable him to get defenders moving in the wrong direction and instantly punish them. He cuts inside, powers behind them on his way to the net, and always goes out of his way to win body positioning.

Coach Russo
“Blake was a big reason why we had the success that we did, and I can’t say enough good things about how far his game grew this season,” Russo said. “Obviously he’s a big body, and he can possess pucks. But he’s also a very responsible player and pays attention to the small details, so we saw that evolution and development throughout the season. And Blake is willing to do whatever it takes to be an elite player."
“He still has a long way to go with his game, but to know what he’s already capable of doing in our league and can potentially do next season, that’s exciting.”

Hockey Prospect
After trudging through lower line usage and a tough start, Montgomery became one of the lead catalysts for puck
carrying and production down the stretch for the Stars. A wiry 6’3”, 180 pounds, Blake has really improved his skating
over the past 12 months. At the top end, he can blow past a large chunk of USHL participants.
He’s competitive for loose pucks and flashes some punishing physicality. The overall athleticism looks fairly raw still.
Even his skating stance is narrow and a bit wobbly. It’s not terribly hard to knock him off balance still, as he’s mostly arms
and legs.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad