Prospect Info: 2024 112th OA : Javon Moore (LW)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

R2010

May 23, 2011
Issue's like not supporting BLM? That doesn't make someone racist. Sorry.

First, there's a difference between not supporting and actively opposing. Second, I stand by what I said. Living in Ottawa you hear lots of things around town about Melnyk's behaviors over the years.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
First, there's a difference between not supporting and actively opposing. Second, I stand by what I said. Living in Ottawa you hear lots of things around town about Melnyk's behaviors over the years.
What exactly have you heard "around town" that you consider Melnyk being racist? No rumors just facts.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What exactly have you heard "around town" that you consider Melnyk being racist? No rumors just facts.
What he has heard around town is by definition a rumour,

Believe what you want, he'll believe what he wants, we don't need to see you two argue over the sterling reputation of Melnyk.

Reactions: Mars

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What he has heard around town is by definition a rumour,

Believe what you want, he'll believe what he wants, we don't need to see you two argue over the sterling reputation of Melnyk.
Sorry but we are too easily inundated with people throwing around the race card to suit their agenda and they are rarely able to demonstrate it with solid evidence. It actually makes people who have to actually deal with it a pawn for someone else's righteousness.

Anyways I hope Javon is not a bust but he is until he proves otherwise.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sorry but we are too easily inundated with people throwing around the race card to suit their agenda and they are rarely able to demonstrate it with solid evidence. It actually makes people who have to actually deal with it a pawn for someone else's righteousness.

He’s not a bust, he was just drafted. There haven’t even been any games.

He’s a 4th round long shot with potential, but then again that’s what a prospect is.

He, like every other prospect, will have to continue to get better if they want to make the NHL, but I don’t think it’s possible for a player taken this late in the draft to ever be labelled a bust.

Seems like an oddly negative slant to use.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Looking at other non-1st round NCAA guys who were drafted out of Minnesota high school, it seems 0.5 points per game is a good minimum to hope for in a rookie year. If he can produce significantly more than that he should be considered one of our better prospects.

Noah Cates had 23pts in 40 games as a rookie and today he's a solid if unremarkable NHLer. Lots of other Minny H.S. forwards were not very productive in their rookie NCAA years, ranging from 6-12 points or so in 35+ games and none are looking NHL bound (Loheit, J.Perbix, Brodzinski are recent ones)

Reactions: bicboi64 and edguy

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

You too, until you prove otherwise.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

He’s a 4th round long shot with potential, but then again that’s what a prospect is.

He, like every other prospect, will have to continue to get better if they want to make the NHL, but I don’t think it’s possible for a player taken this late in the draft to ever be labelled a bust.

I say that about every prospect to lower peoples expectations because every player is "amazing".

You too, until you prove otherwise.
200w.gif

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Players taken in late rounds certainly have a higher probability of not becoming an NHL player; but saying a Player is a bust on or shortly after draft day is premature.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kid is definitely an athlete. Moves well and with confidence.

But yeah....playing as an older kid in high school...he's got a long way to go. But at least there's some potential there.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad