WJC: 2023 Sweden Roster Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Things can change over the next month but Lysell has been playing a prominent role for Providence this season. If the decision is solely up to the Bruins, I would be a bit surprised to see Lysell play at the WJC.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Sandin Pellika has been taken off the U20 Junior A challenge roster. Heading for the WJC camp instead?

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
  • Haha
Reactions: kudla and Chainshot

suovas

Sep 7, 2022
Alexander Hellnemo probably wasnt one of the frontrunners for one of the goalie slots, right?
His awesome performance in the last two games of SHL though, should force them to at least consider him.
But maybe he emerged too late. By far better numbers this season than at least Hugo Havelid.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It would be a crime not to include Victor Sjöholm. What a development he had. Super physical without taking many PIM. Perfect player to have on small rinks. 5 points in 15 SHL games and +9. Im sure Niklas Hjalmarsson learned him a thing and two.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lysell might be available afterall:

Not surprising. All Swedish players playing in the AHL must be released according to an agreement between the NHL and the Swedish hockey federation. Obviously the player could decline, or he could be called up last minute, wouldn’t be the first time.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I fully expect the only AHLer to decline to be Edvinsson. Would be par for the course when it comes to the parties involved.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I sincerely hope Noah Dower-Nilsson gets in, most of his competition has been injured and I don't see him as worse than most of these guys. He's better than his brother, honestly.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
I sincerely hope Noah Dower-Nilsson gets in, most of his competition has been injured and I don't see him as worse than most of these guys. He's better than his brother, honestly.
He will play world junior A challenge with U18

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
No Edvinsson 😥

Hugo Jonasson off the radar pick on D

D look pretty weak imo, top players are missing

Like the forwards selected

Last edited:

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Rosén - Oscarson - Lysell
Carlsson - Bystedt - Robertsson
Öhgren - Östlund - Lekkerimäki
Strömgren - Stjernborg - Pettersson

Engström - Sjöholm
Odelius - Jansson
Pettersson - Sandin-Pellikka
Norén

Lindbom

Strong offensive but weak defence like user above me said.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Defence is not weak defensivly and its gritty, which is the most important thing. With no Hävelid, Lindstein and Edvinsson we are missing offence from the backend sure, but they can make a tap to tap pass to the forwards. We have enough skill among forwards to make up for the lack of offence on the backend.

Only 2 players i dont like on the team is Wagner and Jansson.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
- Hugo Jonasson, interesting. By far the most physical player on this team. Guessing he could end up being cut though
- Hävelid announcing starting, back-up goalies already

Dislike
- Milton Oscarson, slowest skater in the tournament?

Surprised
- Simon Edvinsson declining (probably via "recommendation" from the Red Wings)
- No Albert Sjöberg
- No Oskar Asplund

Prediction:
Bronze medal game loss

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
- Hugo Jonasson, interesting. By far the most physical player on this team. Guessing he could end up being cut though
Sjöholm is just as physical. I hope both Sjöholm and Jonasson will make the final team. We need a couple of physical players on the small rinks.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Carlsson - Rosén - Lysell
Strömgren - Bystedt - Stjernborg
Robertsson - Oscarson - Pettersson
Wagner

Engström - Sjöholm
Odelius - Sandin-Pellikka
Pettersson - Norén
Jonasson

Lindbom

Rosén - Oscarson - Lysell
Carlsson - Bystedt - Robertsson
Strömgren - Stjernborg - Pettersson

Engström - Sjöholm
Odelius - Jansson
Pettersson - Sandin-Pellikka
Norén

Lindbom

Strong offensive but weak defence like user above me said.
Oscarson on the first line? Rosen/Bystedt/Östlund/Stjernborg are all far better centers than him.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Sjöholm is just as physical. I hope both Sjöholm and Jonasson will make the final team. We need a couple of physical players on the small rinks.

Interesting you say that. Because I partly agree. He was very physical as a young junior (at least in Swedish juniors, league play), but then.. from U18 level (U18 worlds).. all that was kind of lost. Did not play physical like before (or maybe.. wasn't able due to the higher pace)... but I have seen HV71 play a few times the last couple of weeks.. and I actually think he starting to find back to his old game.. better timing in most things. So, well.. I hope that will be the case.

Jonasson... is not as polished and... I mean ..if he continues his development and becomes a solid SHL player, he'll have that Rahimi aura. Loved by his own fans, hated by most others. Combining solid defensive play with some cheap shots and dirty hits.

But yeah, I like the slightly different thinking of Hävelid.. giving him a shot. Odds of Jonasson getting a match penalty when potentially playing Canada are probably pretty low :p

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad