Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Will the Yankees put Soto in left? It is possible, but does not seem likely. I have been saying Soto would go to the Yanks all along, but now I think he goes to the Jays or some surprise team.
Can't see it the Yankees have pitching assets Padres want and they have been linked way to long.I think Soto gets traded to NY .We shall see.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Here's some more on the prospects coming to Boston from ESPN:

Fitts, 23, was a sixth-round pick by the Yankees out of Auburn in 2021 who has thrived in two minor league seasons. At Double-A this season, the righty struck out 163 and walked 43 over 152.2 innings while allowing 22 home runs.

With a high-carry fastball that sits around 93 mph and reaches 97, plus a sweeper he uses liberally as well as a cutter and changeup, Fitts projects as a back-of-the-rotation starter for a team with limited minor league starting-pitching depth.

Weissert, 28, debuted with the Yankees in 2022 and has gone 3-0 with a 4.60 ERA in 31⅓ big league innings after dominating Triple-A with a 2.16 ERA and 168 strikeouts in 125 innings. An 18th-round pick in 2016, Weissert is expected to join a Red Sox bullpen that got standout performances from closer Kenley Jansen, setup man Chris Martin and right-hander Josh Winckowski but lacked depth.

Judice, 22, is a 6-foot-8 and 230-pound righty taken by the Yankees in the eighth round of the 2023 draft out of Louisiana-Monroe. He did not pitch after being draft but posted a 3.74 ERA with 66 strikeouts and 15 walks in 53 innings during his senior season.

While he spent most of his time in college as a reliever -- he mainly throws a fastball and slider -- Judice did start in all three of his appearances in the Cape Cod League before the draft.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Can't see it the Yankees have pitching assets Padres want and they have been linked way to long.I think Soto gets traded to NY .We shall see.
I thought about it, and you are very likely right. They have already exchanged names. That usually means the deal is almost done unless the Padres are insisting on somebody they can't get. They will just put Soto in the easier, more natural right field position and put Verdugo in left.

Reactions: 22Brad Park and DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Verdugo was such a tease - he looked like a 290 20-25 homer guy with sometimes spectacular defense and athleticism

Butted heads with Cora

I’m not going to argue pitching he got I know very little and this is his strength

So subtract Duvall & Verdugo what is the OF look like

Duran LF
Rafaella CF
Abreu RF

That’s fun but not exactly Rice Lynn & Evans

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Verdugo was such a tease - he looked like a 290 20-25 homer guy with sometimes spectacular defense and athleticism

Butted heads with Cora

I’m not going to argue pitching he got I know very little and this is his strength

Duran LF
Rafaella CF
Abreu RF

The Duran / CF and Abreu OF will not improve this team. They would be lucky to hit 45 HR's as a group. We need to replace JT and AD's bats with better players to improve and need a 2B still. Breslow has his work cut out for him.
Rice Lynn and Dewey were great, as were Manny / Damon and Trot.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 8.46.47 AM.png

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I thought about it, and you are very likely right. They have already exchanged names. That usually means the deal is almost done unless the Padres are insisting on somebody they can't get. They will just put Soto in the easier, more natural right field position and put Verdugo in left.
Yea Jack Curry is legit when it comes to Yankees and he tweeted out its likely.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Butted heads with Cora

Duran LF
Rafaella CF
Abreu RF

The Jake Debrusk of the Red Sox.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Duran / CF and Abreu OF will not improve this team. They would be lucky to hit 45 HR's as a group. We need to replace JT and AD's bats with better players to improve and need a 2B still. Breslow has his work cut out for him.
Rice Lynn and Dewey were great, as were Manny / Damon and Trot.

Not quite the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad