2023 Non-Stars Playoff Discussion

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Someone said Montour was better than Heiskanen? Were they a Wild fan just shit talking to... shit talk?

I don't know if we'll be hearing from them much anymore.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Someone said Montour was better than Heiskanen? Were they a Wild fan just shit talking to... shit talk?

I always suspected they were tbh. Like 80% confident it was a Wild fan pretending to be a Stars fan. Would only ever try to jinx the Stars or talk about how Heiskanen is so bad and a #2 dman at best/most overrated player in the NHL etc

Haven't seen them post since the season ended

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Miro is a top 5 defenseman in the world. I would even say higher. Outside of Makar and Fox I would argue Miro is #3.

Reactions: LT

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Florida takes way too many dumb penalties. Dallas would be destroying them with all the PPs. So frustrating to watch Vegas win.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How is Florida in the cup? They look awful. No offense at all.

Amazing goaltending primarily, followed by clutch OT goals. Their run and being that successful in OT has been as close as it gets to a miracle really

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Man, Vegas plays a really good game, but I just cannot maintain interest in this game.

I enjoyed spots of the last game, but I also super checked out in the middle of that one too. Maybe the Cats can mount a late-game comeback attempt and we can be done with things in a respectable manner.

Hey, hypothetical- if we'd snagged Cassidy instead of PDB, would he have played Suter over Lundkvist? I'm still okay with how it all panned out, just wonder what differences y'all think we'd be seeing.

Reactions: LT and piqued

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man, Vegas plays a really good game, but I just cannot maintain interest in this game.

I enjoyed spots of the last game, but I also super checked out in the middle of that one too. Maybe the Cats can mount a late-game comeback attempt and we can be done with things in a respectable manner.

Hey, hypothetical- if we'd snagged Cassidy instead of PDB, would he have played Suter over Lundkvist? I'm still okay with how it all panned out, just wonder what differences y'all think we'd be seeing.

He probably would have yes. Stars probably would've had the same fate too. This Vegas defense is really good, we just don't have the depth they have back there

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
at least it wasn't a sweep- still pretty embarrassing tho

I guess Vegas doesn't have even any real career comparables, age/hit/etc to Lundkvist. It sure seems like they trust Hague tho. The rest of their youth D don't line up at all, just imagining another coach handling one of our biggest off-season questions in a better manner.

Man, to be positive- at least we won't have to look at these annoying ugly board ads for a while.
*Or these in-extremely-poor-taste Elvis costumes. :D

Gross Toast

Reactions: piqued

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Lol holy shit this was the worst ending to a Stanley cup winning game I’ve ever seen. 9 goals. A f***ing brutal amount of whistles in the final 3 minutes, and half the crowd had their phone pointed towards the ice when the game ended. Brutal.

Reactions: redbeardtx

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Vegas is a good team that managed to peak at the right time. I agree we might have beaten them if we had our A game like they did, but we didn't.

At least we can say we lost to the eventual champs 3 of the last 5 years, TB in the Finals, STL in the semi's, and LV in the conference finals. Maybe that isn't all that unique, and it is as frustrating as it is inspirational, i.e., "We were right there." Yes, but if we really were right there, it seems we may have won at least one of those series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad