GDT: 2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29. First round and then rounds 2-7. (ESPN, Nhl network, SN, TVA sports) 6pm and 11am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, until 2026, I believe.

But if he doesn't want to go back... does he really have to?
I mean, he doesn't have to, but I don't think he can play in the NHL, so where is he going to play?

He could pay to get out of it, but that's coming out of his own pocket, from what I understand.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I mean, he doesn't have to, but I don't think he can play in the NHL, so where is he going to play?

He could pay to get out of it, but that's coming out of his own pocket, from what I understand.

He could play in the NHL if he were to work something out to get out of his contract in Russia, no?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Have KHL contracts been bought out before? Maybe a player agent would give an advance or something, but if that is on the table there's no way he slips to a reasonable trade up scenario anyway for the Hawks

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
At #19 ONE of Sale /Yager /Moore/Honzek last to #19 if we expect all 3 too dmen (Reinbacher Sandin-Pelikka and Wilander to be taken before #19 and both Barlow and Wood and Danielson also taken before#19..
So if Yager or Moore"slips' to #19 I am sure KD takes tgecsliooer..If Honzek lasts to 19 and Yager and Moore taken earlier then KD takes Honzek.

If Sale is tgevine lasting to #19 ,I am notca big fan ...so I hope KD instead woukd go to the next target instead:

For me that would be Stenberg ...I actually rank Edstrom ahead of Stenberg but that is not the scouting community view so KD probably does not go for Edstrom at #19 in any case.

So at #19= Moore Yager Honzek Stenberg probably targets KD wants in thatvorder if still on the board.

Proposed trade with NYR for pick #23...if Edstrom still on the boardxat #23 then:

Trade #35and #55 to NYR for #23(taje Edstrom)
Or if NYR prefers:

Trade #44 for #23 but take back an NYR trap dump contract.
Either way #23 we secure Edstrom..

If teams oickibgvat #20 #21 or#22 pluck Edstrom before we get to #23 then we do not make any deal with NYR and just keep all 4 2nd roundpicks.

I would however add pick #40 from Washington intaking cap dump cobtract from them for a 5th round pick.

From 2nd roundvon if we have these picks:

#35 i) Anton Whalberg ii) Danny Nelson
#40: Remainder of Whalberg or Nelson but if both gone before then :
Juraj Pekarcic

#44 Nick Lardis or Carson Reikopf

#51 = reserved for a goalie pick
Adam Gajan/Jacob Fowler/Scott Retzlaf

#55 Andrew Gibson RD Sudbury OHL

#67 i) Zachary Nehring RW /C Shutticjs St Mary's prep school
ii) Axel Landen RD Sweden Jrs
#93 Landen if he is still there..if not;
then Jakub Stencl LW Chechia
Or Aydar Suniev LW Penticton BCHL

#99 any of above not yet picked if still on tge board
If none are then Aiden Fink (C) Brooks Bandits AJHL
(Very small but very fast skilled player..

#131 Jonathan Castagna LW/C St.Andrews H. S . 6'2 183..did well at the combine in several test scores.

#195 Artyom Kashtanov 6"6 198 LW has tools..fluidxskater ...playsxwitg an edge ...but relies on open ice too much and can get caught deep ...if he fixes tgat you may getca gem steal here.

Or

Yegor Remashevsky C Dynamo Moscow
MHL...Belarusian born C 6'2195...injured and missed a of games this season...maybe underage radar because he missed so many games this season?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
hopefully at least another defenseman or two shoot up the boards and it slots down some of that next tier of forwards that people are excited about, would make trading up not as necessary but also increase value of pick 14 if they want to keep 19 and take on a cap dump or two from the pens for that pick, maybe give them one of our 2nds like pick 33 or whatever so pens are really just moving back 20ish spots

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

I'd be thrilled with the first 3 picks (Bedard, But, Wahlberg) but have disagreements about the D and goalie(I'd take Strbak and Gajan at 51, and Lind at 55)

This mock is the closest mock I've seen to what I think will actually happen.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
1)Connor Bedard(C)
2) Adam Fantilli(C)
3) Matvei Michkov(W)
4) Leo Carlsson(C)
5) Will Smith(C)
6) Zach Benson(RW)
7) Ryan Leonard (RW)
8)Oliver Moore(C)
9) Dalibor Dvorsky(C)
10) David Reinbacher(RD)
11)Colby Barlow(LW)
12)Otto Stenberg (LW)
13) Dmitri Simashev(LD)
14)Gabe Perrault(LW)
15)Brayden Yager(C)
16) Nate Danielson(C)
17)Axel Sandin-Pellikka(RD)
18)Daniil But(LW)
19)Tom Willander(RD)
20)Andrew Cristall(W)
21)Matthew Wood(W)
22)Quentin Musty(LW)
23)David Edstrom(C)
24)Calum Ritchie(C)
25)Samuel Honzek(RW)
26)Ethan Gauthier (RW)
27)Eduard Sale(RW)
28)Oliver Bonk(RD)
29)Riley Heidt(C)
30)Gavin Brindley(RW)
31)Mikhail Gulyayev(LD)
32)Gracyn Sawchyn(C)

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I know we're chockful of left-handed defenseman in our prospect pool and I know we need to stock up on forwards this draft, but man I love Simashev so much. 6'4 dmen just aren't supposed to skate like that. He skates better than Korchinski and his defensive instincts, physicality and competitivness are top notch. He's the prototypical new age shutdown dman with some untapped offensive upside with his deceptiveness and agility.

If he slips down to our spot I don't envy Davidson to have to make that call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drumman44

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I know we're chockful of left-handed defenseman in our prospect pool and I know we need to stock up on forwards this draft, but man I love Simashev so much. 6'4 dmen just aren't supposed to skate like that. He skates better than Korchinski and his defensive instincts and competitivness are top notch. He's the prototypical new age shutdown dman with some untapped offensive upside with his deceptiveness and agility.

Simashev's ceiling is probably Hjalmarsson-lite.

I wouldn't expect him to put up points but he could be one of the best defensive defensemen in the league.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I know we're chockful of left-handed defenseman in our prospect pool and I know we need to stock up on forwards this draft, but man I love Simashev so much. 6'4 dmen just aren't supposed to skate like that. He skates better than Korchinski and his defensive instincts and competitivness are top notch. He's the prototypical new age shutdown dman with some untapped offensive upside with his deceptiveness and agility.

BPA

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Simashev's ceiling is probably Hjalmarsson-lite.

I wouldn't expect him to put up points but he could be one of the best defensive defensemen in the league.
I'd say his ceiling is straight up peak Hjalmarsson. He might not get there but all the tools are there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Barring trades the Hawks should probably utilize 2 of the 6 picks between 1-64 on defenders (1 LD, 1 RD)

Focus on forwards but still grab a quality couple of defenders to stock up cupboards even more

I don't expect Simashev to be available at #19 but if he is sitting there taking him would be fine IMO

Reactions: Sarava

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Barring trades the Hawks should probably utilize 2 of the 6 picks between 1-64 on defenders (1 LD, 1 RD)

Focus on forwards but still grab a quality couple of defenders to stock up cupboards even more

I don't expect Simashev to be available at #19 but if he is sitting there taking him would be fine IMO
I'd prefer them to grab 2 RD. They have nothing on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad