GDT: 2023 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11AM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
You have Carter Hart(24) as your starting goalie. You have other goalie prospects in your system. You have a draft that is pretty deep and filled with a lot of possible high-ceiling skaters still available... You trade up into the 2nd round and draft a goalie.

You then draft ANOTHER goalie in the 3rd round.

brian-windhorst-why-would-they-do-that.gif

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would be pretty funny if the only defensemen they take the entire draft is Oliver Bonk.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You have Carter Hart(24) as your starting goalie. You have other goalie prospects in your system. You have a draft that is pretty deep and filled with a lot of possible high-ceiling skaters still available... You trade up into the 2nd round and draft a goalie.

You then draft ANOTHER goalie in the 3rd round.

brian-windhorst-why-would-they-do-that.gif
Because they liked the two players?
Goalies are gold, I would hesitate to take one in the 1st rd, but later on they're more likely to overplay their draft slot (and have more trade value) than other positions - because they are so variable.

Flyers missed on Marek and Sandstrom in the 3rd, hit on Hart in the 2nd, Ersson in the 5th, Fedotov 7th, Kosolov 3rd is top U22 goalie in the KHL.
So they seem to be good at scouting goalies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Because they liked the two players?
Goalies are gold, I would hesitate to take one in the 1st rd, but later on they're more likely to overplay their draft slot (and have more trade value) than other positions - because they are so variable.

Flyers missed on Marek and Sandstrom in the 3rd, hit on Hart in the 2nd, Ersson in the 5th, Fedotov 7th, Kosolov 3rd is top U22 goalie in the KHL.
So they seem to be good at scouting goalies.
What? Goalies rarely get good returns in trade.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Could just as mean he’s involved in the report too. Or just it’s just a nothing burger.

I do think they’re gonna trade Hart eventually regardless (assuming he’s not named in it). Tortorella took some digs at him during the year & that’s generally been the theme of players leaving the team.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What? Goalies rarely get good returns in trade.
Huh? Levi was a key component of the Reinhart trade, the goalies who don't get good returns are veterans who are overpaid relative to performance.
Lot's of goalies traded for 1st and 2nd rd picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad