2023 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Well it’s that time again. Depending upon where you live you are inundated with football 24/7 and for others they don’t watch football amd instead watch something like the NY Jets. Ok I’m just teasing. Whether you root for the Giants, the Jets, the Saints, perhaps the Commanders since they are the offical football team of the NJ Devils, or even if you are up 28-3 in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, this is the place to post the results and the insights.

I’ll start by noting the HS team that is adjacent to my neighborhood has been out practicing in the 99 degree heat every day and school is just getting started. I’ll guess jamborees are this upcoming Friday and games will start the week after.

In other football news the NY Jets are playing against Carolina and it’s only 93 degrees so the pros have it easier than the kids. Bryce Young looks good early but he is pretty small for an NFL QB on a mediocre team. They will have to make sure they don’t let him get killed. He is sitting in thr pocket and going through progressions well for a rookie but he’s got to get through them a second more quickly which I’m sure he will eventually be able to do. It’s good to have football back.

Reactions: Maine Fan

My3Sons

Sponsor
College football gets underway in earnest this weekend. The LSU FSU gane is the highlight but it’s instesting to watch the TCU COL game. The first big time gane for coach Deion Sanders. It’s back and forth early in the second half. Sanders’ team is playing hard for him. I don’t see Sanders as having the patience to be a small details nuts and bolts guy but if he keeps decent coordinators on staff I don’t doubt he will be quite successful because he knows the game and will recruit well.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
College football gets underway in earnest this weekend. The LSU FSU gane is the highlight but it’s instesting to watch the TCU COL game. The first big time gane for coach Deion Sanders. It’s back and forth early in the second half. Sanders’ team is playing hard for him. I don’t see Sanders as having the patience to be a small details nuts and bolts guy but if he keeps decent coordinators on staff I don’t doubt he will be quite successful because he knows the game and will recruit well.
TCU/COL lived up to the hype! Rutgers won which was nice, but the game last night was sort of shocking.

For all the Jets fans, I went to the dispensary yesterday and the guy helping me said Garrett Wilson was in earlier in the day lol.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
anyone with Youtube TV, how have the college games been as far as live vs a slight delay? I know typically from what I have heard, Youtube TV is sometimes a minute behind live action. I am still debating getting Sunday Ticket this year but if its a minute behind, I cant do it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
TCU/COL lived up to the hype! Rutgers won which was nice, but the game last night was sort of shocking.

For all the Jets fans, I went to the dispensary yesterday and the guy helping me said Garrett Wilson was in earlier in the day lol.
Ya nice start by Rutgers. Not sure just how bad NW is but i know how bad Rutgers was last year so its a good win no matter how its sliced.

Temple who may, or may not, be better the NW is up next. 7:30 Saturday night. Need to be 2-0 after that one.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
anyone with Youtube TV, how have the college games been as far as live vs a slight delay? I know typically from what I have heard, Youtube TV is sometimes a minute behind live action. I am still debating getting Sunday Ticket this year but if its a minute behind, I cant do it.

I just switched to it, it isn't too bad. I use theScore app for my sports notis and there's times where YoutubeTV will beat it but the big games it probably has like a 5-10 second delay, you're just a play usually or at the max, two plays behind.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Ya nice start by Rutgers. Not sure just how bad NW is but i know how bad Rutgers was last year so its a good win no matter how its sliced.

Temple who may, or may not, be better the NW is up next. 7:30 Saturday night. Need to be 2-0 after that one.
NW is so bad and in disarray after the scandal, but I’ll take the W 😂

Reactions: devilsblood

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Saying this while the Bills OL is also dogshit is kinda crazy while the Jets and Miami have better DL's
The Bills have pro bowlers at LT and C, and took the best pure guard in the draft. Their RT sucks but the rest of the line is perfectly fine (at least when healthy).

They also don't need to worry about protection as much because they have the least sackable QB in the league. The Jets have a 73 year old statue as QB and the Fins have a guy that needs to take lessons on how to fall. Thanks for your concern but I'll take my chances.

Go on, take the Bills lightly. I love it. Much better than going into the season being the anointed ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Certainly not taking the Bills lightly, but the Jets defensive line is going to be really fun to watch this year. There is so much diverse talent at the position, especially with pass rushers. I think we have more pass rushers on this team than we’ve had in two decades :laugh:

Monday night is going to be a lot of fun. Haven’t been this excited for a Jet game since 2015.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I have zero expectations for the Giants this season, and apparently neither does anybody else. They're just kind of there in the middle of the pack.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Bills have pro bowlers at LT and C, and took the best pure guard in the draft. Their RT sucks but the rest of the line is perfectly fine (at least when healthy).

They also don't need to worry about protection as much because they have the least sackable QB in the league. The Jets have a 73 year old statue as QB and the Fins have a guy that needs to take lessons on how to fall. Thanks for your concern but I'll take my chances.

Go on, take the Bills lightly. I love it. Much better than going into the season being the anointed ones.

No one's taking the Bills lightly, you trashed 2 AFCE teams that should be right there with yours for the division if all goes well. And cool, the Jets have a guy that would've been an all pro as that plays dual positions, a guy that was very good in SF as their LG granted he had a very down year last year and plus a guy that was thought of the world after as his rookie year in Mekhi Becton and should be a decent contributor if he stays healthy. You still missed the overall point though about the Jets/Miami DL's being better and the Bills missing Von Miller for 4 weeks when they play the Jets and Miami within the first 4 weeks. I get it that you have to amp yourself to get ready for this division after the past 20 years it's been Brady and you guys but come on man, lol. And lmao ok, the Jets got after Josh Allen last year a ton and beat you once with Zach Wilson and almost did it with Mike White before you guys decide to enact the Gregg Williams bounty gate on him. Not to mention, Josh Allen got hurt so bad the first Jets v Bills game it almost derailed your season + tanked his MVP year for, what a 3rd straight year? Talk about hilarious irony about not protecting the QB.

Certainly not taking the Bills lightly, but the Jets defensive line is going to be really fun to watch this year. There is so much diverse talent at the position, especially with pass rushers. I think we have more pass rushers on this team than we’ve had in two decades :laugh:

Monday night is going to be a lot of fun. Haven’t been this excited for a Jet game since 2015.

Right, no one's taking Buffalo lightly but if you say the Jets and Miami's OL suck as a Bills fan then it's just ironic with a far worse DL and no Von Miller the first 4 weeks.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It'll kill me if Douglas and Saleh can't be the ones to be successful here. If not them, who?

They're so in sync with what they want the team to be and recognizing talent. They also both seem like awesome dudes. I want them to be the guys here for a prolonged period of time.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It'll kill me if Douglas and Saleh can't be the ones to be successful here. If not them, who?

They're so in sync with what they want the team to be and recognizing talent. They also both seem like awesome dudes. I want them to be the guys here for a prolonged period of time.

They'll be able to easily hire a decent GM + coach due to the state of the roster + being a NY team that's actually gotten their head of their asses somewhat. Only issue might be who wants to deal with Rodgers at his age and understanding this team needs to find a successor in some fashion and they've already bled assets into a qb. Those Rams + Browns in 2020 wins are gonna haunt us and losing Trevor Lawrence for a while barring we win a SB.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Miami's OL is serviceable as long as Terron Armstead is healthy. The problem is he is always good for missing at least 4 games/year.

Connor Williams (C) is great as is Robert Hunt (RG)
That's been Armstead's issue for as long as he's been in the league. He's really a tight end in a too big frame. Fantastic footwork and quickness and athleticism but he's not quite as sturdy as you'd expect from a left tackle.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00