Series Discussion 2023 Dallas Stars Playoffs Discussion | Round 2 vs. Seattle Kraken | Dallas WINS GAME 7!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Also, Jason Robertson is the most lazy, passive, scared player in NHL history.. and is Jamie Benn going to throw a single hit? Doesn't even need to be big.. just regular body check.

Very frustrating to watch the level of effort from some guys when the other team is skating circles around you. Dadanov was going hard though, great pickup.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Speculation/Reasoning:
• Miro got stitches and they held him out because the score was already run up. he'll play tonight.
• Oettinger is a bounce-back candidate after a loss, he finished the game on the bench.. seems obvious to me we will get his top game.
• We aren't Toronto, and it's easy to go doom & gloom after that game.. but I feel like we turn this around
• Robertson has to be hurt and/or needs Pavelski back on his line
• Are we seriously thinking Lundkvist sees the post-season? That's contrary to everything I've seen.

Reactions: LT

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Robertson has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the playoffs. It’s not like he can’t play against this team. He had a goal and 2 assists in 3 regular season games agains the kraken. He has 0 points in 3 postseason games against them. This team is done if he continues to be a waste of space. It’s not like he has just had bad luck. He has not been noticeable in any game.

Jamie Benn better show up tonight. He needs to go beast mode and take over a game. Especially since Robertson seems to disappear in the playoffs.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Pavs better be back on the top line. Getting Robertson going should be priority 2 after winning games. If we get through this round, we are not getting any further unless he starts contributing.

Miro better be back. If it's just stitches, he has to play. Put on a cage and get your ass out there.

Otter will bounce back. Just hope he doesn't need to keep having bounce back games. The 4+ goal periods are getting concerning.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I feel like watching Heiskanen go down right in front of him spooked him. It's hard to ignore your teammate and (one of your only) top D catching a puck in the face and staying down. After a quick couple of goals, it was all over. Who else would you trust defensively after Heiskanen? Lindell? then who?

*Supposedly he prides himself on bounce-backs and playing the villain in other people's buildings- well, here we go.

**We can't ignore Seattle playing really well, their capability shouldn't be discarded, obviously.

Reactions: LT and roryjones

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Anyone who is using the injury excuses for Robertson, tell me why he has failed to keep about 5 EASY pucks in on the wall on the PP?

That is not an injury that is failed execution and horrid play.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Anyone who is using the injury excuses for Robertson, tell me why he has failed to keep about 5 EASY pucks in on the wall on the PP?

Because he is injured

:sarcasm:

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I personally believe he has some sort of wrist injury and hes playing scared because of it, but we'll see. I would just be so shocked for him to have the regular season he had to being so tentative on doing anything

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I personally believe he has some sort of wrist injury and hes playing scared because of it, but we'll see. I would just be so shocked for him to have the regular season he had to being so tentative on doing anything
I don't want him to have a severe injury but if it isn't really bad then it isn't a good enough excuse for how he is playing. If he just starts playing like we know he can, I will gladly forget this stretch of bad play.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Could also be a shoulder or back injury. There were a couple of times he passed up shots last game, and even when he does shoot, it seems like he's having to take longer to load up his shot. His quick release is part of what makes him so dangerous, and he's not having shots jump off of his stick in one motion.

But this is all guess work. Because if he's not injured.... Man....

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010

I've speculated about injury because I can't make sense of him falling off the earth in the playoffs. It's really weird.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
He's passing up shots that he normally would have taken in the regular season. There are times even on the PP when he has time and space to shoot, but passes back to the point instead. He doesn't even go for cross-ice passes either. There's gotta be something going on with his wrist/shoulder/something. His skating seems normal for him though at least. I'm not gonna throw him under the bus and call him garbage until we find out if he's injured or not, but it's worth noting his play style has completely changed from what was working for him during the regular season. Gotta be a reason for that beyond "he sucks in the playoffs, he's a f***in bum" like some people have repeatedly suggested.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I've speculated about injury because I can't make sense of him falling off the earth in the playoffs. It's really weird.

He could have a broken wrist, rib, and leg and he should be able to keep the puck in on a rim around on the PP. His play has been inexcusable.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
miro just showed up on espn walking in in a suit, a little puffy

Alyosha999

Apr 10, 2023
We need a goal or two from Hintz and Robo tonight....we know that Johny will score even though he's a rookie....Wyatt scores big goals....guaranteed he'll score tonight

oh yeah, we gotta have a black guy or a chick sing the national anthem...especially in c-atel

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Domi & Dadonov were such crucial pickups. Domi seems to have much more space to create against this Seattle team than he did against Minny.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Didn’t realize Domi is second in points with 10. He’s going to get paid. Very unfortunate we can’t be the one to give him a contract cause he is a great fit.

Aside from Roope, no one really has that game breaking speed while still able to make a high end play

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
If Marchment and Ty needs to sit out, does Olofsson slot into the 4th line?

Kivi - Domi - Seguin
Olofsson - Faksa - Glendenning

Or are there other options in the AHL that would be better (or more exciting)?

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
When you play 30 minutes with a bubble after getting no sleep and probably having to blend your dinner, then yeah, I'd get shelled too. But he's probably playing mad as f*** after the last game. Or, we hope that our team of emotionless hockey robots feel anger.

Re: the loss of Marchment... just let Olof play because the three AHL callups they could feasibly call up are about the same impact level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad