2023 Cup Champs Golden Knights vs 2024 Cup Champs Panthers?

Who would win in a 7 game series showdown?

• 2023 Cup Champs Golden Knights in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 Cup Champs Golden Knights in 5

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 2023 Cup Champs Golden Knights in 6

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • 2023 Cup Champs Golden Knights in 7

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 2024 Cup Champs Panthers in 4

• 2024 Cup Champs Panthers in 5

• 2024 Cup Champs Panthers in 6

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • 2024 Cup Champs Panthers in 7

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
Even with the Panthers being better in 2024 vs 2023, the Knights were still superior in many ways and would have broken Bobrosvsky again. Their 5on5 play was insane and given that the Panthers didn't even outscore the Oilers 5on5, I couldn't see them even getting to a 7th game.

I voted 6 games, but I imagine a few lopsided wins for the Knights and the Panthers winning two close games.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
hard to say
in 2023: Ekblad had a broken foot, luostar whos extremely underrated defensively was out with a broken leg, montours shoulder needed surgery, bennett needed surgery too. Everyones injured by the finals but that was a hospital lineup, our bottom six was like full of ahl guys, and our defensive depth was horrendous.

2024: Panthers had barkov finally emerge, but tkachuk disappeared most of the playoffs as opposed to last year, Bob wasnt as godly as last year, but still good. Our defensive style, depth and size were a lot better this year as well as our composure, less unneeded scrums and dumb penalties. Our PK was also night and day compared to last year, but the flip side was our powerplay was complete ass.

That said probably vegas still gets it, they were on a mission that year, something like the highest goal differential in the playoffs or something like that. Style of play that just broke us (oilers started to use that style vs us with same results), plus Hill having the best performance of his life.

I think who ever has home ice would win it in 7, vegas absolutely curbstomped us in their barn, and we managed to win one and almost win another at home even with all of our injuries.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Florida was a better team and not injured this year, but Vegas was especially good at flying through the neutral zone and creating the rush chances that were giving Florida fits in the later half of the series. Hard to see the outcome materially changing.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think it'd be a close series. The Panthers lineup was just much, much better in 2024.

Tarasenko for Colin White
Stenlund for Eric Staal
Okposo for Zac Dalpe
Mikkola for Marc Staal
Kulikov for Gudas (love Radko, but this was an upgrade)
OEL for Mahura

Ekblad, Bennett, Montour, Luostarinen, etc. all healthy going into the series (before the knees and elbows started flying), big differences. I think the Panthers would have a shot. Not saying they would win, but they wouldn't get chased out in five games. Homer vote for Cats in 7.

Vegas was a good team, and as much as I hate them, deserved the championship in 2023. I think they're gonna be back with a vengeance next year, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad