Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's asked Gabe Perrault to teach him French as well. He's all in on being our franchise goalie.
He's the guy.
There's just something undeniable about him imo

In a couple of years when we're ready to start contending, it'd be great if his progression path lined up perfectly with our situation

~3 years, he's gotta be in front of our Net.

Reactions: Tyson

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's the guy.

In a couple of years when we're ready to start contending, it'd be great if his progression path lined up perfectly with our situation

Levi just sent down. We should expect probably 4-5 years

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
No need to be in a hurry with this guy. He looks very promising, and the best part is that he's been doing this at every level.

Still, the NHL is a huge step. Primeau and Dobes were also stellar in the NCAA and put up great numbers. Hopefully, this guy breaks the trend and will mature just at the right time with our core.

Reactions: montreal

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No need to be in a hurry with this guy. He looks very promising, and the best part is that he's been doing this at every level.

Still, the NHL is a huge step. Primeau and Dobes were also stellar in the NCAA and put up great numbers. Hopefully, this guy breaks the trend and will mature just at the right time with our core.
Yeah not sure why teams insist on rushing. Even Levi looks like garbage right now.

Reactions: montreal

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
1. Yes, I'd do it anyday of the week twice on sundays
2. Throwback to Halak + Ryder + 2nd for just about any NHL player including Crosby
Exactly. Buffalo would shit themselves laughing with an offer like that. Terrible. Monty is a maybe average starting goalie who could get better and Anderson is just not a pro hockey player. Levi could be a franchise goalie unlike Monty and that 2nd doesn’t make up for that potential

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Exactly. Buffalo would shit themselves laughing with an offer like that. Terrible. Monty is a maybe average starting goalie who could get better and Anderson is just not a pro hockey player. Levi could be a franchise goalie unlike Monty and that 2nd doesn’t make up for that potential
Should have added "lol" I guess

As far as Anderson, I disagree.

He's obviously not producing, overplayed and he's overpaid for what he brings, but at 2M$ he's a good player to have in a NHL bottom 6.

Comparing what they bring on the ice only, I take him over Pezzetta or Evans.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Monty had finished top 15 on goals saved above expected on a team that has been in the basement. Levi hasn’t proven anything yet in the NHL. Give Monty his due. He’s more than average

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He's the guy.

He may be a Hab in 3 years but it is extremely unlikely that he would be a bonafide starter at that time. Most successful goaltenders are between 7-9 years after being drafted before becoming a legitimate starting goalie in the NHL.This is why people dismissing Montembeault and Primeau was such short sighted ignorance and it is why taking a goalie too high is just dumb drafting as by the time that they are ready to be starters they are at or near UFA status. Combine this with the fact that more starting goalies come from the 3rd round and beyond than they do in the 1st two rounds and that goaltender success is by far the hardest to forecast among hockey prospects...... I would say that this organization has done a great job recently of avoiding the goalie trap and still stockpiling some very interesting goalie prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hansman

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Attachments

• 1703538970218.gif
    1703538970218.gif
    357.6 KB · Views: 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad