Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I remember watching the Habs video of the 2023 draft where one of the scouts was adamant that the Habs needed to draft Fowler, it got really heated. I am glad he stood his ground.
That and the part when the quiz him on some shooters he faced. He didn’t hesitate he knew tendencies and favourite shots right away of each. Ridiculously committed kid.

As the scout said, he has never not had the best stats in every league he has played in and guess what he has again the best save % in the ncaa.

Reactions: NewDef and Tyson

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Fowler fits the window, and there is no goalie in our system who has enough clout to keep him from winning a seat in a few years if he earns it. Primeau showed up during Price's era, so the needs of the team were entirely different. I think fowler has a great opportunity that's his to lose

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Just catching up on this kid's season.
I'm particularly impressed with his commitment to his conditioning.

This could end up being quite the steal.
Him and Engstrom make me more positive about adding 3rd round picks in trades.

Reactions: bopeep

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Kinda hope they don't primeau him and sign him early with no clear role to give to him.
There is no point in having him next year in Laval. Let Dobes play and Vrbetic is progressing enough in Trois-Rivières to get a chance too.

Reactions: bopeep

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I still think Primeau will be the number 1A or B with Monty (if they don't trade Monty) for quite a few years, but it would be great if Fowler became better and improved the team. No complaining from me, but I think people are massively sleeping on CP(rimeau). Especially when I see people using Primeau 's NCAA stats as a detrimental argument against Fowler. Insanity.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Many of us were worried about how we were going to accommodate Price and Primeau at one point
Yup, goalies are shot in dark.

Primeau actually has better numbers than Fowler. Fowler playing on stacked team. During Primeau's rookie year, nobody on Northeastern went on to play in NHL

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
The stats at that age are important but how they approach and take the next step is huge. We can already see Fowler got serious about his conditionning and he's got that pro attitude already with the swagger to boot. We may have our own Fleury. Nice kid that loves the game and really want to play with the top dogs.

If you'd ask me who has the most chances to be in the show in all our goalies not already there, it'd be him with a big margin

Reactions: jrom and Redux91

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The stats at that age are important but how they approach and take the next step is huge. We can already see Fowler got serious about his conditionning and he's got that pro attitude already with the swagger to boot. We may have our own Fleury. Nice kid that loves the game and really want to play with the top dogs.

If you'd ask me who has the most chances to be in the show in all our goalies not already there, it'd be him with a big margin

He's asked Gabe Perrault to teach him French as well. He's all in on being our franchise goalie.

Saxon

The Sheriff
Mar 9, 2015
Yup, goalies are shot in dark.

Primeau actually has better numbers than Fowler. Fowler playing on stacked team. During Primeau's rookie year, nobody on Northeastern went on to play in NHL
None of Fowler’s teammates have made the NHL either :rolleyes:

:sarcasm:

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
Devon Levi stayed at uni for 3 years right?
This is what I would like to see happen with Fowler.
Let him have his experience in the NCAA and play at the World Juniors a few times (Levi played in 3) and go from there.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Devon Levi stayed at uni for 3 years right?
This is what I would like to see happen with Fowler.
Let him have his experience in the NCAA and play at the World Juniors a few times (Levi played in 3) and go from there.
Levi stayed 2 years in the NCAA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad