GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Not my intention. However you will read of it what you will.

Good luck in the future.
1000004218.gif

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I know you guys dont want to hear from Oiler fans or see oiler avatars but let me finish

You guys have no skill. You have a lot of hard working players though that never quit. Kind of reminds me of the late 90s early 2000s Oiler teams no skill but lots of hardworking players.

It seems like your team is better playing aggressive but sits back for some reason.Hopefully a new management team and coaching staff make the switch.

I had fun with the series, i hope you guys found some stuff to be happy with and good luck in the future.
bw6d5zz.gif

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I know you guys dont want to hear from Oiler fans or see oiler avatars but let me finish

You guys have no skill. You have a lot of hard working players though that never quit. Kind of reminds me of the late 90s early 2000s Oiler teams no skill but lots of hardworking players.

It seems like your team is better playing aggressive but sits back for some reason.Hopefully a new management team and coaching staff make the switch.

I had fun with the series, i hope you guys found some stuff to be happy with and good luck in the future.

Wow what a keen observation you should consider a career in pro hockey.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California

As you can tell, some fans are quite pissy atm.

It’s their time of the month.. it’s what happens when they all post together, their cycles start to align.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

It’s their time of the month.. it’s what happens when they all post together, their cycles start to align.
Yeah, I am sure this guy will appreciate it when I post on the Oilers board about the obvious deficiencies of their team after they lose in the second round. Scratch that, they may play Vancouver so the Oil may not get blown out until the WCF.

Reactions: The Butcher

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes

It's just absurd to come into this forum and post. There are lots of places where fans of both teams can interact but I feel like this place should be for us, especially in the aftermath of what has happened. I mean, it's a free country, you can post and say what you want but not inticipating some bad moods around here is silly in my opinion.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It's just absurd to come into this forum and post. There are lots of places where fans of both teams can interact but I feel like this place should be for us, especially in the aftermath of what has happened. I mean, it's a free country, you can post and say what you want but not inticipating some bad moods around here is silly in my opinion.
I agree.

But I still like the idea of our cycles syncing. I feel so much closer to you all already.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

Im just trying to be nice and im talking crap!

Oh well, understandable, just trying to buck the trend of fans acting a fool after a series.

Reactions: bland

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Yeah, I am sure this guy will appreciate it when I post on the Oilers board about the obvious deficiencies of their team after they lose in the second round. Scratch that, they may play Vancouver so the Oil may not get blown out until the WCF.

It will be satisfying to see Edmonton lose to Avalanche (who I thinks makes the wcf) I will be sure to let them know of their faults.

Oh well, understandable, just trying to buck the trend of fans acting a fool after a series.

It never feels authentic when opposing fans come in here after a loss, I get where they’re coming from… but, I didn’t take offense to your post. Just be careful around here, slick

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

If bucking the trend of fans acting a fool after a series means going into their forum after eliminating them in the third season in a row to diplomatically inform and educate them that they have no skill and need to play more aggressively then I believe you have failed in that regard.

Not to mention that Edmonton wouldn't be the best place to receive franchise-building and championship play advice from over the last 40+ years. We could use a few pointers in how to consistently draft 1st overall repeatedly until we get the best player in the world and then fail him at every conceivable critical moment till he leaves. It has been a long while since we've had one of those picks...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I know no words from an Oilers fan will be palatable right now, so I’ll just say that maybe your consolation will be in getting the management changes that all of you are hoping for.

Shoutout to my Kings fans homies @Raccoon Jesus and @KingsHockey24 … chin up, move forward. :)

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
And your tactic was, in your very first sentence, to say that we f***ing suck?
to be fair saying no skill isn't saying you suck. Especially when you took to us when you were being aggressive. You might have skill, it was hard to tell with the 1-3-1. Maybe you open up next year with a new coach and you win the west, you the hell knows. The lack of quit the Kings showed can't be taught, so thats a plus heading into the next season.

Reactions: LAKings88

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
If bucking the trend of fans acting a fool after a series means going into their forum after eliminating them in the third season in a row to diplomatically inform and educate them that they have no skill and need to play more aggressively then I believe you have failed in that regard.

Not to mention that Edmonton wouldn't be the best place to receive franchise-building and championship play advice from over the last 40+ years. We could use a few pointers in how to consistently draft 1st overall repeatedly until we get the best player in the world and then fail him at every conceivable critical moment till he leaves. It has been a long while since we've had one of those picks...
1000004224.gif

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I know no words from an Oilers fan will be palatable right now, so I’ll just say that maybe your consolation will be in getting the management changes that all of you are hoping for.

Shoutout to my Kings fans homies @Raccoon Jesus and @KingsHockey24 … chin up, move forward. :)
Kyle Clifford being called up is all I care about. The Kings are an after thought at this point.

download (2).png

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

1621898134594.gif

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Are you kidding me? This is a better setup than what the dumb coaches had going this season! Kopitar is still capable of being a 2C. He was overplayed as a 1C and had mostly nothing left for the playoffs. Danault is a better fit at 3C.
Well if your goal is to win the Stanley Cup, this won't get the job done at all. We don't have a single 1C. PLD was supposed to be that 1C but no one thinks he could do it.

Kopitar would make a decent 2C. Danault would be an elite 3C. Byfield still needs to take the next step and show he can play full time top six C minutes. If you compare this to 2014 where we barely made it to the Final, we had:
Prime/peak Kopitar 1C, prime Jeff Carter 2C, Jarrett Stoll and Mike Richards as 3/4C.

Absence of a 1C AND a 1D AND a 1G means blow it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad