GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Budhist Palm.png

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
So do we hear from Blake again or is he fired and just goes out quietly? I have a feeling they reassign Luc.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
@Raccoon Jesus I remember years ago you were able to convince me that having Kopitar and Doughty to mentor the youth during a rebuild could be a really good thing. I think we now both know unfortunately that the risk is way too high to have players like this and the potentiality of a staff/executives to be too afraid to transfer the torch to the youth. Sucks but yeah I think as a whole we're heading into another rebuild certainly. We dont have the youth to catapult the Kings into anything worthwhile.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
One of Rob and Lucs buddies?

Reign will be on kcal 9 at 3 pm on Saturday or Sunday

Can't disagree with Walsh. Even though my first team Caps were swept, there was very poor officiating similarities in both series.

I hate to say it, but the sponsorship from gambling businesses has already reared it's ugly head. Ever since the NHL partnered with gambling, the officiating has pissed off a lot of NHL fans!

Reactions: kingsfan28

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
@Raccoon Jesus I remember years ago you were able to convince me that having Kopitar and Doughty to mentor the youth during a rebuild could be a really good thing. I think we now both know unfortunately that the risk is way too high to have players like this and the potentiality of a staff/executives to be too afraid to transfer the torch to the youth. Sucks but yeah I think as a whole we're heading into another rebuild certainly. We dont have the youth to catapult the Kings into anything worthwhile.
It would be a good thing if time was actually spent rebuilding.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kopitar being on team next season, I don't have a problem with. Paying him $ 7 million per year is the problem.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Firing DL was a mistake and I'm tired of pretending it wasn't.

1000%

The fact Dean wasn’t given a chance to right the ship after two f***ing Cups while Rob Blake is on year infinity of ZERO RESULTS is actually f***ing insane.

GBH, Axl, and Nutz?
Or Blake, Robitaille, Brisson?

The six stooges.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Can't disagree with Walsh. Even though my first team Caps were swept, there was very poor officiating similarities in both series.

I hate to say it, but the sponsorship from gambling businesses has already reared it's ugly head. Ever since the NHL partnered with gambling, the officiating has pissed off a lot of NHL fans!
NHL officiating has been between incompetent and totally corrupt since I've been watching in the 90s. I'm sure the sports books aren't helping but it's always been a mess.

Kings still would have lost this series with half the pks and twice the pps.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
1000%

The fact Dean wasn’t given a chance to right the ship after two f***ing Cups while Rob Blake is on year infinity of ZERO RESULTS is actually f***ing insane.
One thing we know is that DL can build a team into a winner from scratch.. He just wasnt good at keeping it on top - something he admitted in an interview with Bob Miller. Get him back at least as an advisor.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think firing DL was the right call…..BUT I think they should have never given the reigns to Blake and Luc. It should have been from outside not from inside. If there was something bad going down with DLs direction then it isn’t hard to say who else was involved in the direction DL was going because realistically Blake pretty much mirrored in his footsteps because our prospects never amounted to anything and we still shafted the youth. What was the point of firing DL if you’re replacing him wit these idiots?

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
A perfect 0-5 in elimination games since 2014. When it’s put up or shut up time, to paraphrase Sutter, this team goes quietly away that’s for sure.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think firing DL was the right call…..BUT I think they should have never given the reigns to Blake and Luc. It should have been from outside not from inside. If there was something bad going down with DLs direction then it isn’t hard to say who else was involved in the direction DL was going because realistically Blake pretty much mirrored in his footsteps because our prospects never amounted to anything and we still shafted the youth. What was the point of firing DL if you’re replacing him wit these idiots?
I cant remember where I read this - but it was an interview with Beckerman stating how he was a big fan of the team in the 90s. He probably has Blake and Luc on some fanboy pedestal that has effected his judgment.. in other words, the problem starts with him and he prob needs to be the one replaced.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

If i knew they'd be used as crutches instead of mentored iw ouldn't have been on board

I had envisioned Kopitar helping Byfield--which he has--and Doughty helping Clarke--which he hasnt'--but also not kopiptar playing #1 dman minutes and Byfield only being promoted to satisfy a sudden win-now initiative.

The lineups we were creating back then were things like Kopitar-Byfield-Brown and Moore-Danault-Fagemo not '11-6 organized by age haha get bent you f***in teens and go buy some beer oh wait you can't'

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
For the offseason, I would like the Kings hire a new GM, and that new GM to hire a new coach. From there find a #1 goalie and address the PLD situation. Then try to fix other parts of the roster from there.

If i knew they'd be used as crutches instead of mentored iw ouldn't have been on board

I had envisioned Kopitar helping Byfield--which he has--and Doughty helping Clarke--which he hasnt'--but also not kopiptar playing #1 dman minutes and Byfield only being promoted to satisfy a sudden win-now initiative.

The lineups we were creating back then were things like Kopitar-Byfield-Brown and Moore-Danault-Fagemo not '11-6 organized by age haha get bent you f***in teens and go buy some beer oh wait you can't'
Doughty can't mentor Clarke, if the GM/Coach don't keep him on the roster!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Im sure. Realistically that'd be ok. I think the issue is when you have players like that then I think its also just as risky where the manager would try to go all in because of their past success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad