GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I have been a Kings fan for over 3 decades, and this is probably the least engaged I have ever been with the team.

This team desperately needs a cultural overhaul as well as a roster one.
Yep. Boring team on top of middling results. I had to be woken up during second intermission: of an elimination game.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm trying and failing not to be mad right now. Dubois on this team past this summer will kill me.
maybe it's hopium but it's just like man, AEG almost certainly OK'ed this because blake told them this is what they need to beat the oilers.. not only was he not, they won even fewer games and he collected millions of uncle philbucks in the process. surely AEG sees that and makes aggressive changes right?

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
I’m bummed out. First season in a few years I followed the Kings start to finish. Is this what it felt like on the first go round against the Oilers? Can only imagine seeing this same result 3 years in a row. Really hoping some changes are made this offseason.

For me 2022 was more "Well...it is what it is. Had the 3-2 series lead, but it is what it is. Also thanks for your service Dustin Brown."

The most infuriating part is the team's only gotten worse with every Oilers series.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Meh, Canes feel mid after that series with the Islanders. I could see the Rangers getting past them. I don't think either gets past Florida.
Canes/Rangers should go 7. Shesterkin has the edge over Andersen, Forwards might be even, but Canes have the edge with their D. Canes have a very good PK, so if they neutralize the Rangers PP, which the Caps were not capable of doing, Rangers gonna run into some trouble even strength. Canes PP is in much better shape then what the Caps showed, and frankly the Caps PP ineptitude made the Rangers PK better than it was. I might add the Canes are a faster team than even the Rangers.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just a reminder that this team finished with the exact same record as the 2021-22 Kings, and that team took Edmonton to a game seven. The lineup from that game 7 looked like this:

Iafallo – Kopitar – Kempe
Grundstrom – Danault – Moore
Athanasiou – Lizotte – Brown
Lemieux – Kupari – Kaliyev

Anderson – Roy
Edler – Stecher
Maatta – Durzi

Quick
Petersen

In two years, Blake traded all of our assets, spent all of our cap space, and won two fewer games.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Canes/Rangers should go 7. Shesterkin has the edge over Andersen, Forwards might be even, but Canes have the edge with their D. Canes have a very good PK, so if they neutralize the Rangers PP, which the Caps were not capable of doing, Rangers gonna run into some trouble even strength. Canes PP is in much better shape then what the Caps showed, and frankly the Caps PP ineptitude made the Rangers PK better than it was. I might add the Canes are a faster team than even the Rangers.
Yeah, it should be a long one.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
maybe it's hopium but it's just like man, AEG almost certainly OK'ed this because blake told them this is what they need to beat the oilers.. not only was he not, they won even fewer games and he collected millions of uncle philbucks in the process. surely AEG sees that and makes aggressive changes right?
The thing that's getting me riled up is the idea a new GM might think they can fix him.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Just a reminder that this team finished with the exact same record as the 2021-22 Kings, and that team took Edmonton to a game seven. The lineup from that game 7 looked like this:

Anderson – Roy
Edler – Stecher
Maatta – Durzi

Quick
Petersen

In two years, Blake traded all of our assets, spent all of our cap space, and won two fewer games.
3 fewer games if you combine 23 and 24.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA

Anderson – Roy
Edler – Stecher
Maatta – Durzi

Quick
Petersen

Why, he's made progress!

He's showing the rest of the league you can lose a series more efficiently.

Reactions: sinister6000

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
GMjIy5-XcAA7KbY

More OZ possession time, but way less quality shots.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Agree, Also coaching edge to CAR

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Byfield's ascendancy is really the only bright spot to the season.
No real progress for any of our other "prospects" in fact some regressed.
Glad that Portillo did well in the A, we might have a league average G in 3-4 years.
I thought Spence showed he belonged. He was pretty solid.

Thomas progressed, but Kings rule says he cannot dress for playoffs. .

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad