GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I thought the Kings put in a good effort tonight.

They're just playing a team that's better than them.

I thought the effort was good.

They needed to do that for the last 20 games.

And even then they couldn't overcome poor management and coaching that put them at a disadvantage vs. an already better team.

It is what we thought it would be, even if it's not how we thought we'd get there.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This may be the last time we make the playoffs in a loooong time if we blow it up. It wouldn't have been bad if we got smoked by the Stars at least we don't see the pathetic Oilers again.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I thought the Kings put in a good effort tonight.

They're just playing a team that's better than them.
Somewhat disagree. I saw a team tonight and throughout the series that didn't play fully as a team in all 3 zones. Plenty of offensive talent, but they looked lost at times on what to do offensively. PK coaching was atrocious and same goes for the PP. With TMac and then the lateral move with Hiller, the team did not fully buy in nor probably understand what was the message from the coaches to what kind of team they should be.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I’m bummed out. First season in a few years I followed the Kings start to finish. Is this what it felt like on the first go round against the Oilers? Can only imagine seeing this same result 3 years in a row. Really hoping some changes are made this offseason.
There was more disappointment with 2022 because we had the 3-2 lead in the series. We actually forced the Oilers to have McDrai do their fusion dance for 30 minutes a game. 2023 was the decline. Oilers got it done faster and easier. This year they didn't even have to double up with McDrai.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Byfield's ascendancy is really the only bright spot to the season.
No real progress for any of our other "prospects" in fact some regressed.
Glad that Portillo did well in the A, we might have a league average G in 3-4 years.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
There was more disappointment with 2022 because we had the 3-2 lead in the series. We actually forced the Oilers to have McDrai do their fusion dance for 30 minutes a game. 2023 was the decline. Oilers got it done faster and easier. This year they didn't even have to double up with McDrai.
Quick was insane in 2022 playoffs

Reactions: kingsholygrail

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
Byfield's ascendancy is really the only bright spot to the season.
No real progress for any of our other "prospects" in fact some regressed.
Glad that Portillo did well in the A, we might have a league average G in 3-4 years.
So you're saying lock Portillo up for 3 years at $5M?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad