GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I said the refs gave the Oilers a phantom PP, which even the HNIC panel said.

Oilers fans started attacking the Leafs because they couldn’t attack the call.

Canucks game was over already, they couldn't attack the Canucks' PDO either, the Flames aren't in the playoffs, so they must revert back to the default mode.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
It's a coin flip with Demko injured. Should be a good series if both teams move on. Neither series is over and both can go the distance.
I'd give the Oilers about a ~70% chance of winning a series against the Canucks.

These Canucks can pull wins out of their ass, though. I've seen it throughout the regular season and now in the playoffs. It's pretty much "pesky Sens" level of magic. They will be a very tough out, and have the advantage of dismantling the Oilers in 4 games this season. Edge to the Canucks physically as well.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah, people said the same thing when we went up against the vaunted Pacific champ Calgary Flames. Ironic...for all this talk about how we shouldn't be confident cause the Canucks owned us in the reg season, we don't seem to get any credit for being up 3-1 against the team that cause Canuck baby rage in the media.
you dismiss Canucks beating oilers 4 times in regular season yet at the same time bring up Canucks struggles against the Kings??

Reactions: Hank Plank

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Yeah, people said the same thing when we went up against the vaunted Pacific champ Calgary Flames. Ironic...for all this talk about how we shouldn't be confident cause the Canucks owned us in the reg season, we don't seem to get any credit for being up 3-1 against the team that caused Canuck baby rage in the media.
All the more reason I'm happy you guys are winning and not the Kings!

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
To be fair to them, Dubois is a talented guy who had played really well at times for Winnipeg.

I just blame the player. I guess the managment needs to identify character people, but I dunno, he just doesn't seem to have any intensity in his game anymore.
I don't Kings system is something he enjoys.
Square peg in round hole.

Blake should have realized this before he screwed the team over with a stupid deal.

The only option left is move him up to first line and move Kopitar off and see how he responds. ( Next year not in the game Wednesday)

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Trading PP’s is in Edmonton’s favour though. Just play the whole game 5v5 though. They gave the Oilers the weak PP because they were getting outplayed.

Even Hockey Night in Canada said it was a bad call

The Oilers got swept by the Cup champs and then won 2 games.

2 wins in 2 series vs the Cup champs is supposed to be them a contender?

We get it. You're super sad about Toronto and you're projecting.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
EDM better come out next game and have a killer mentality.. They gotta stretch the ice and use speed to kill that 1 3 1

Reactions: Kerberos

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
you dismiss Canucks beating oilers 4 times in regular season yet at the same time bring up Canucks struggles against the Kings??
Yes, the key word at the start of the sentence was irony. I've seen countless Canuck fans saying oiler fans wanting to play them is unwarranted cause we got spanked. While they conviently ignore who we are currently beating...you can't have it both ways.

Also, ECHL GWG

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
All the more reason I'm happy you guys are winning and not the Kings!
Absolutely. I want the Oilers to win this series, I just hope the Kings stretch it to 6 or 7.

The Canucks are too slow to beat the Kings' trap. They look like complete dogshit against the Kings, and have been dominated by them in all but one game tracking back at least a year.

I am more confident in the Canucks' grind/opportunistic grit game working against the Oilers.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
we are laughing at a Leafs fan because our team has won more than his

that's not being cocky, that's a the truth
cocky would be saying "give us the Cup!"
I guess there are a few people on this forum that were old enough to remember the last Oilers Cup win vs Leafs fans. So sure big score for Edmonton.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

Van definitely has our number this year

But that team that lost the first three is a distant memory, I don’t know what was going on but it was like the entire team had the yips

Fourth loss was sans McDavid. Canucks haven’t really seen the true Oilers team this year imo

But both teams still have series they gotta close out and it’s a bad omen to act like round one is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad