GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Trading PP’s is in Edmonton’s favour though. Just play the whole game 5v5 though. They gave the Oilers the weak PP because they were getting outplayed.

Even Hockey Night in Canada said it was a bad call

The Oilers got swept by the Cup champs and then won 2 games.

2 wins in 2 series vs the Cup champs is supposed to be them a contender?
Bro this has me cringing hard

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Money on Edmonton, Vancouvers too battered.
I mean, probably. They have McDavid and the Canucks are missing Demko and have replaced Elias with Emil. I wouldn't bet against the Canucks, though.

With Brock Boeser, anything is possible.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Refs first star of the game for Edmonton

Edmonton beats LA every year. They haven’t proven they can beat much else though.
Every year I initially feel bad for the Leafs players after they get bounced, but then their fans speak and you can't help but feel joy in their misery. Looking forward to it again on Tuesday.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Yeah for sure at times, especially in CBJ near the end, but early in his career in Columbus he was good, and he did have good stretches in Winnipeg.

I wouldn't have taken the risk, but even as an inconsistent diva he was never this bad, this is next level.
I'm not saying he's a bad player by any mean i'm just saying his attitude is so bad that I wouldn't trade for him regardless of the cost. Hell if he got offered to me for FREE i'd still turn it down. He always starts out decent but then quickly goes right back to being the lazy player he really is

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I already said it once, LA made a huge mistake starting Talbot in this series

(Or maybe that was internal sabotage)

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I'm guessing this means Rittich starts game 5? He made 2 or 3 really good saves, but really didn't have to do much. I doubt we see a repeat with 13 shots at home for Edmonton next game.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Hes a play for money, not for the love of the game or accolades type of guy. Definitely not a winner. He's in it for the payday and lifestyle, thats all and he managed to find a team with a shitty enough Gm to offer him an 8 year contract.
I remember he looked really good at first in Columbus, then got lazy when he got those sweet, sweet money bags.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Look, I’m genuinely sorry the Leafs have been a disappointment so far.

But not sure what chirping at Oilers fans and these silly posts are trying to accomplish.

I said the refs gave the Oilers a phantom PP, which even the HNIC panel said.

Oilers fans started attacking the Leafs because they couldn’t attack the call.

• Haha
Reactions: lopper

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
I mean, probably. They have McDavid and the Canucks are missing Demko and have replaced Elias with Emil. I wouldn't bet against the Canucks, though.

With Brock Boeser, anything is possible.
It's a coin flip with Demko injured. Should be a good series if both teams move on. Neither series is over and both can go the distance.

Reactions: lopper and Petey O

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
That Calgary team went to game 7 OT against the wildcard team in the first round. They’re not Florida.
you seem to think that the transitive property has a place in sports... "yah but they didn't beat X who was better than Y therefore A sucks.

Doesn't work that way.

Anyways looks like both your teams will be out in 5 games, are you going to hang around after that? or is summer vacation for you?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Oilers definitely looking like a beatable team. Not doing much to impress this Canucks fan.
Yeah, people said the same thing when we went up against the vaunted Pacific champ Calgary Flames. Ironic...for all this talk about how we shouldn't be confident cause the Canucks owned us in the reg season, we don't seem to get any credit for being up 3-1 against the team that caused Canuck baby rage in the media.

Reactions: Dieseloil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad