GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Fun fact, that super physical series we had back in 2012 against the Blues (4 game series) we had 144 hits.

This series against the Oilers we have 200.

gettyimages-143811725-2048x2048.jpg

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
This was only his first full NHL season, I think he will continue to improve for a couple more years. Should be a keeper. Martinez didn't look very good in his first season and he became a stud. I'm not saying he's Brian Leetch but I think he'll be a solid d-man for years.
I was not a big Spence fan during the season, but he has came to play during these playoffs and it looks like he is already used to playing under pressure. I really like his skating during the playoffs and the way he’s able to shed attacking players.

Just a bit more improvement next year and his offensive game should really rise

peak playoff pld
i want to see the line of laferriere-pld-lewis
In the Reign.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Spence has done well everywhere he goes. He is shifty and passes decently. I'm concerned about his shot. Also don't think he gets the pp time he should with Doughty and Clarke ahead of him. He may need to go elsewhere to shine brighter.

Last edited:

jtalton

Sep 19, 2018
Fun fact, that super physical series we had back in 2012 against the Blues (4 game series) we had 144 hits.

View attachment 861825

i guess stat sheets don't tell the story then. It will be funny in the future people might think this current team played a heavier game than the 2012 team if they look at that stat sheet

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Spence has done well everywhere he goes. He is shifty and pass. I'm concerned about his shot. Also don't think he getts the pp time he should with Doughty and Clarke ahead of him. he may need to go elsewhere to shine brighter.
They should trade Doughty before they consider moving Spence. They have hit a wall with Doughty being the go to guy. This is their ceiling and he sure as hell wont let any coach push him down the lineup.
When he stayed out for the full 2 minutes on the powerplay yesterday with no gas left it was shameful. He knew it too.
You only move Spence if its part of a deal for a guy with size and upside who wants out like Jiricek.
If they leave Blake in charge he will trade Spence in order to keep Roy on the 2nd pair signed to a bloated contract. Can see it now.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021

View attachment 861825
Stats like shots and hits are subject to "home cooking". You hear this mentioned occasionally on national telecast intermission and post game coverage. A 2024 hit might not equal a 2012 hit.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He has really changed my opinion on him. He has been one of my top 3 Kings this series.
Spence has come a long ways I think and LA will have to make room for Clarke as for Roy well the money will be their for Byfield as for Roy...well...

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Some fun with AI today. AI doesn't respect and won't generate a proper guillotine

the second command was crying King hockey player
The first one looks like Kempe. I tried to only have it change the uniform and it made the guy look like Elon Musk

Attachments

• received_1015181580162700.jpeg
    received_1015181580162700.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 2
  • received_1906585413094827.jpeg
    received_1906585413094827.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 2
  • received_804797748232965.jpeg
    received_804797748232965.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 1
  • received_1526996688249247.jpeg
    received_1526996688249247.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 3

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

View attachment 861825
Main thing is that it is hard to hit the other team if you are grinding them in to dust while cycling in the offensive zone. You'll have more hits if you're chasing the play and that doesn't even get into the impact of the hits.

Dwight King's hit on Pieterangelo is more significant than all 200 "hits" so far in this series.

Reactions: Schrute farms
All I know is that I’ll be hitting the refresh button all day on Thursday so I can get immediate satisfaction when it’s announced certain people have been fired. It’ll be like deadline day.
Do you think there is any chance in hell he isn't fired?

Assuming he is I hope whoever replaces him puts PLD on waivers the first chance they can and pray someone takes the contract. I'm willing to be PLD isn't in the NHL the length of that contract.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
All I know is that I’ll be hitting the refresh button all day on Thursday so I can get immediate satisfaction when it’s announced certain people have been fired. It’ll be like deadline day.
I'm busy Thursday. Any chance that you can rent a skywriting plane and write "Blake Fired" "Blake & Robitaille fired" or "Dan's the man" above downtown LA?

Do you think there is any chance in hell he isn't fired?

Assuming he is I hope whoever replaces him puts PLD on waivers the first chance they can and pray someone takes the contract. I'm willing to be PLD isn't in the NHL the length of that contract.
I am pretty sure Blake's gone
Robitaille sticking around is what concerns me.

I don't think another team touches PLD with that contract and a buyout will be cheaper than retention

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
In Columbus, team president John Davidson took over as interim GM after Jarmo was fired. I could see the same in LA with Luc carrying the interim tag and kicking multiple cans down the road until late summer.

This is where having Bergevin around is the concern. You run some BS protracted GM search, while delegating the work to Marc behind the scenes. That provides air cover to make moves and you build some credibility for a decision that is not tenable right away.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
In Columbus, team president John Davidson took over as interim GM after Jarmo was fired. I could see the same in LA with Luc carrying the interim tag and kicking multiple cans down the road until late summer.

This is where having Bergevin around is the concern. You run some BS protracted GM search, while delegating the work to Marc behind the scenes. That provides air cover to make moves and you build some credibility for a decision that is not tenable right away.

yeah and the danger is that they're all quebecers and they probably mesh well together

Luc "ah ben esti tabarnak Marc!"
Marc: "Ben oui Ben oui crist calice"
Luc: Eille, fromage oui oui oui Monsieur calice"
Manon: "ouiiiiiiii"
Danault: ah ben tabarnak!!
Dubois: eill esti calisce tabanrk esti

end of meeting

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
yeah and the danger is that they're all quebecers and they probably mesh well together

Luc "ah ben esti tabarnak Marc!"
Marc: "Ben oui Ben oui crist calice"
Luc: Eille, fromage oui oui oui Monsieur calice"
Manon: "ouiiiiiiii"
Danault: ah ben tabarnak!!
Dubois: eill esti calisce tabanrk esti

end of meeting
Going off my knowledge of the French language, it looks like smokes and cheese are this summer’s project.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I'm busy Thursday. Any chance that you can rent a skywriting plane and write "Blake Fired" "Blake & Robitaille fired" or "Dan's the man" above downtown LA?

I am pretty sure Blake's gone
Robitaille sticking around is what concerns me.

I don't think another team touches PLD with that contract and a buyout will be cheaper than retention
There is a chance a team trades for him to buy him out, but the player coming back would have a worse buyout. This isn't the deal we want the Kings to make.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I had one tell me that the Kings have gotten away with 4 slewfoots this series alone. Not sure they understand what a penalty is

Either the Kings are terrible at actually injuring the players they try to injure, or this is all made up.

Oilers fans can’t seem to resolve that little conundrum, and their only answer is Draisaitl’s high ankle sprain THREE YEARS AGO.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
How did the officials rob us? By not giving the Kings a power play? A power play which they have not scored any goals? Quite the grand larceny.
Kings got a powerplay. Not sure what you are going on about. The weak call against Englund was the reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan