GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I’m completely down for a rebuild. We need a generational talent. We’ve had exactly one PPG player since the 05 lockout and that was Kopi’s lone PPG year in 2018. I mean damn, was Ziggy the last other King to have a PPG season?
They don't need generational talent, they just need talent and a balanced roster. Edmonton is the poster child of dumpster diving for a McDavid for years and looks where that has got them...

It isn't going to be a quick fix, not anymore after the PLD trade especially, they just don't have the prospect pool, picks, or cap space to put anything together. Not to mention, even if Blake is fired, I question if the new GM would even have the green light to rebuild in any way and we won't see major changes for another 1-3 seasons. I think the Kings are headed for a few more first-round exits.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kings still went backwards from Game 3. Instead of scoring 1 goal against Skinner, they scored 0! Skinner is not a good goalie and never will be(I would have him as a backup goalie on most of the other teams!), the Oilers top 6 d-men are awful, and even collectively their teams team defense is not that good. The Oilers are built to only win 2 rounds at most because of their high powered offense and PP.

Reactions: funky

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Uh no this is the gameplan the Kings want. They have a better chance beating the Oilers in a grinded out defensive showdown than and offensive free for all. One or two bounces go a different way and we could have won this game.
lol, the 2018 Kings first round exit bullshit excuses of bounces. nothing about their even strength, let alone power play, was ever threatening. Shots were either blocked or shot directly to Skinner with a clear view. No rings off the post. Not even a decent scramble in front of the net; Kings weren't ready for shit.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
If they had that kind of game in either of game 1 or 3, I'd be less upset, but the fact of the matter is that that was loss #3. You bring in Rittich and he gives up 1 goal and he still loses. What more does this team have left in them to find a way back into this series? They can't score on the powerplay, they can't stop their powerplay, PLD is no where to be found.

Just frustrating even if I didn't have much expectations going into this

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Like is this dude really going to be playing on the Kings until I’m 43?? This cant be happening

That’s the most depressing reality here, isn’t it?

Every time I start to think, “hey, we have some nice tradable assets like Fiala, we can move on from Doughty, maybe we can turn this team around with some really aggressive roster turnover” I remember that we have PLD locked in for another seven years.

I hope Byfield and Kempe eventually find contending teams, because the Kings will never compete with PLD on this contract.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Dubois had 3 SOG in game 1, 1 in game 2, and 0 in the last two games. I’m calling it now, he’ll lead the team to victory in game 5, just to disappear on the way to getting eliminated on home ice.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Like Fiala had a lot of wtf moments but we know he can score but putting him with Lewis and Lizotte is definitely debilitating

Helene thinks Luc won’t get the boot. They need to get rid of everybody. Take your shitty as jerseys with you.
It's like the thinking is "if I put a scorer on each line, the lines will score" when the reality is Fiala was scoring with other scorers. Because having chemistry with other producers tends to produce. The Kings are a 2-line team at best. They don't have 3rd/4th line scoring. Moving 1st and 2nd line guys to the 3rd and 4th line just reduces scoring on the 1st and 2nd lines.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
lol, the 2018 Kings first round exit bullshit excuses of bounces. nothing about their even strength, let alone power play, was ever threatening. Shots were either blocked or shot directly to Skinner with a clear view. No rings off the post. Not even a decent scramble in front of the net; Kings weren't ready for shit.
There were a couple of scrambles in front of the net what do you mean? This was an entertaining game. Special teams are still garbage but it seems like that has just become the unfixable problem so this is the type of style the games need to be for the Kings to win. They just aren't going to win an all out offensive fire fight with the Oilers.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Like Fiala had a lot of wtf moments but we know he can score but putting him with Lewis and Lizotte is definitely debilitating

Helene thinks Luc won’t get the boot. They need to get rid of everybody. Take your shitty as jerseys with you.
I’m sure this is what is on Blake’s nightstand for reading material.

9780306826771.jpg

Reactions: BigKing

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
It's like the thinking is "if I put a scorer on each line, the lines will score" when the reality is Fiala was scoring with other scorers. Because having chemistry with other producers tends to produce. The Kings are a 2-line team at best. They don't have 3rd/4th line scoring. Moving 1st and 2nd line guys to the 3rd and 4th line just reduces scoring on the 1st and 2nd lines.
He’s just being wasted on that line. That line hasnt shown shit and he’s still keeping it together. He should had shuffled the lines.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
There were a couple of scrambles in front of the net what do you mean? This was an entertaining game. Special teams are still garbage but it seems like that has just become the unfixable problem so this is the type of style the games need to be for the Kings to win. They just aren't going to win an all out offensive fire fight with the Oilers.

They’re not going to win any fight against the Oilers, champ.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I don't know about you all, but I feel if Sutter was coaching this roster in the playoffs, he would get far more out of them than TMac/Hiller combined! This is not to say I want Sutter back, but to how bad TMac/Hiller coaching are.
Sutter wouldnt be afraid to move DD and/or Kopi off PP1, he'd probably put Clarke on PP1 right away and develop him throughout the season - and pay his bonuses personally. He does everything by his gut and does not give a damn two shits what players (and even the GM) think. That mentality is whats needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad