2023-24 Ted Lindsay Award finalists: Nikita Kucherov, Nathan MacKinnon, Auston Matthews

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
In what world was Matthews a better player than McDavid? :laugh:
IMG_6033.jpeg

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
In what world was Matthews a better player than McDavid? :laugh:
Only thing I can think of is some strange venn diagram of players from GTA that are fully kool-aid'ed up and a group of players that are impressed with the season he had in that absolute shit show of a media market.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
"The writers know better!"

I already know a ton of people are going to be upset.

I think the players respect goals a lot.

Would have had no issue with McDavid over Matthews.

LOL---Suddenly this means more that the Heart--who would have thunk it

It always has.

Only thing I can think of is some strange venn diagram of players from GTA that are fully kool-aid'ed up and a group of players that are impressed with the season he had in that absolute shit show of a media market.

"I know more than the players"

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
I guess McDavid torching teams left and right has taken a toll on the players. He probably didn’t get a single vote from anyone on LA and Calgary :laugh:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
McDavid was a much better player than Matthews, had a better season than Matthews and will continue being a much better player than Matthews in the future. The players are just getting tired of McDavid winning.
Yes, McDavid is better in general, but this is an award for this season, not who is better overall or who has had/will have a better career. This season players collectively thought differently than you do, and that's okay. You'll be okay, too.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
McDavid was a much better player than Matthews, had a better season than Matthews and will continue being a much better player than Matthews in the future. The players are just getting tired of McDavid winning.

Weird to vote for another winner then... pick someone new.

What's more likely is that they think it is very hard to score and 69 goals is an insane number.

There might have been a single vote difference between Matthews/McDavid... who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad