GDT: 2023-24 season game 61 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30pm 3/5/24

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I know the 1-3-1 isn't popular, but when it works it's so suffocating.
Fortune favors the brave.. except when Jersey won their cups in the 90s. I just think it creates passive mentality - rope a dope.. I want to see controlled aggression and attacking

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I know the 1-3-1 isn't popular, but when it works it's so suffocating.
It was never really a problem of the 1-3-1 being bad or ineffective or even unpopular.
The problem is/was, it may be the dumbest call ever running it down two goals in the third period of a must win playoff hockey game.

With a lead though, sure run it for a few shifts to keep players fresh and kill some time.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Fortune favors the brave.. except when Jersey won their cups in the 90s. I just think it creates passive mentality - rope a dope.. I want to see controlled aggression and attacking

The problem is when you encounter players who can beat it by themselves, which McDavid has been able to do consistently vs. the Kings, and also teams that are relentless on the forecheck. Tonight we saw Miller beat it once with a nice individual play, but that's been it for the most part so far in these two games. It's only been 4 periods but perhaps the people who said the Canucks would be a good matchup for the Kings might be right, they have some very good players, but no McDavid, MacKinnon or Drai, and their forecheck is nothing to be scared of.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
43 is looking very trustworthy
i was literally about to write a post about him

he's not exactly a replacement for roy since he doesn't have the edge but man he's looking like a reliable defender. good reads, low event. needs a little seasoning but i think there's something there

Reactions: Schmooley

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Turcotte does not look out of place, he's definitely grabbing this opportunity and making the most of it
Him and Byfield are starting to gel together. I have a feeling Turcotte will get some key goals in the playoffs. Hes that kind of player.

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
i was literally about to write a post about him

he's not exactly a replacement for roy since he doesn't have the edge but man he's looking like a reliable defender. good reads, low event. needs a little seasoning but i think there's something there
he had a really rough game the other day but mostly looks rock solid

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The problem is when you encounter players who can beat it by themselves, which McDavid has been able to do consistently vs. the Kings, and also teams that are relentless on the forecheck. Tonight we saw Miller beat it once with a nice individual play, but that's been it for the most part so far in these two games. It's only been 4 periods but perhaps the people who said the Canucks would be a good matchup for the Kings might be right, they have some very good players, but no McDavid, MacKinnon or Drai, and their forecheck is nothing to be scared of.
They play it alot.. Maybe as you say if they deploy it strategically against he right teams in the right situations. Running it like the Koala did v EDM when down goals in the playoffs is just sad.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Heard they pulled Lindholm from the game.. edit: guess not just saw him... he is involved in trader rumors

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00