Proposal: 2023-24 Roster Talk 2

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
lets say after 3-4 more starts. and he is at .920 S % what would you want to take campbell contract back. I would probably buy him out after next season if I did. would you do that trade for a 1st and Dylan Holloway? he adds some size to our forward group
Im just double checking because I wanna make sure I got this right.
You think if Mrazek stays hot over the next few weeks and ends up with a .920% we could trade him for a cap dump, a 1st rounder AND a guy who was a first rounder 3 years ago? Theres no way we get that kind of value back. I could see getting the 1st rounder or Holloway but definitely not both.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You think if Mrazek stays hot over the next few weeks and ends up with a .920% we could trade him for a cap dump, a 1st rounder AND a guy who was a first rounder 3 years ago? Theres no way we get that kind of value back. I could see getting the 1st rounder or Holloway but definitely not both.
Campbell is signed for three years after this one. I think that's what it would cost to move that contract for nothing in return.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Campbell is signed for three years after this one. I think that's what it would cost to move that contract for nothing in return.
I think Edmonton would have to be extremely desperate to do that. That said, there are oilers fans talking about trading McDavid on the main board so you never know.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Skinner contract is moveable if Oilers add good asset

2 more years at $2.6M

Could be target for Hawks if Oilers continue to sputter and need to make move for goalie

Could be 1B next year for Hawks and then final year is easier to bury/move/etc if he doesn't work out

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Mrazek isn't bring back any kind of return even if he keeps up his play. Maybe a 3rd rounder.
canes, LA, edmonton, all have goaltending issues. yes he has to continue to play well. if he does a team might want him as a 1B

statistically he is a top 10 goalie so far this season. its early I know.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
canes, LA, edmonton, all have goaltending issues. yes he has to continue to play well. if he does a team might want him as a 1B

statistically he is a top 10 goalie so far this season. its early I know.
My point stands, goalies never carry much value. I could see him bringing back more if he had a very solid career, but he's been pretty bad for a long time.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
The Oilers are asking another team to pick up about $20M in Campbell's contract. That alone is worth the equivalent of at least two 1st round DP's. There are a bunch of examples of it costing a 1st round DP to bury a guy with 1 year left at around $6M (Marleau, Monahan, etc.). You can make a case that to take $20M on it would be more than 2 x 1st's.

Mrazek essentially brings very little to the trade from a value perspective.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Murphy 50% Mrazek Raddysh for Campbell and Bouchard

Oilers save about 2.2 mil in cap for the deadline. Chicago bails them out of the Campbell contract for the next 4 years and gives them a 20 goal scorer and great penalty killer for under a million. Oilers downgrade but still have Murphy at 2.2 million for 3 years for the swap with Bouchard on the 2RD.

Edmonton gets a bit of cap flexability the next few years.

Korchinski-Jones
Vlasic-Bouchard
Kaiser-Tinordi

Campbell
Soderblom

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Nuge-Raddysh
Foegele-Mcleod-Ryan
Holloway-Hamblin-Lavoei
Gagner

Ekholm-Murphy
Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Desharnais

Mrazek
Skinner

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
as value goes Murph at 50% is probably worth a 1st or high 2nd Mzarek maybe a 3rd, Radsyeh maybe a 2nd or 3rd. Campbell you probably have to pay a 1st and 2nd to get him of the books and bouchard is probably worth 2 1sts? I think we are giving up to much for that return.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Oilers save about 2.2 mil in cap for the deadline. Chicago bails them out of the Campbell contract for the next 4 years and gives them a 20 goal scorer and great penalty killer for under a million. Oilers downgrade but still have Murphy at 2.2 million for 3 years for the swap with Bouchard on the 2RD.

Korchinski-Jones
Vlasic-Bouchard
Kaiser-Tinordi

Campbell
Soderblom

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Nuge-Raddysh
Foegele-Mcleod-Ryan
Holloway-Hamblin-Lavoei
Gagner

Ekholm-Murphy
Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Desharnais

Mrazek
Skinner

I... Would think about this, not gonna lie.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
My point stands, goalies never carry much value. I could see him bringing back more if he had a very solid career, but he's been pretty bad for a long time.
I don't really give a damn about Campbell from a Blackhawks perspective but Campbell did have a stint with Leafs where he looked very good. And it was a bit of a mystery as to why he took a turn away from that. Perhaps the Leafs curse when it comes to netminders. What I'm saying is that a team might show some interest based on that short-lived performance, in the hope there could be more. He wouldn't be the first goalie to come into his own after the age of 30.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Of course with hindsight being 20/20 we could have had Bouchard already and then of course we wouldn't have drafted Boqvist and then not traded for Jones and lost out on the pick that landed Columbus Sillinger .... hmmmmmm

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
How about adding Anthony Beauvillier? He might be available from Vancouver $4.1 million 26 yr old pending UFA?

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Friedman said Edmonton is interested in Binnington but the Blues need a goalie in return. Send Mrazek their way for...? Saad & Leddy?:thumbu:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't really give a damn about Campbell from a Blackhawks perspective but Campbell did have a stint with Leafs where he looked very good. And it was a bit of a mystery as to why he took a turn away from that. Perhaps the Leafs curse when it comes to netminders. What I'm saying is that a team might show some interest based on that short-lived performance, in the hope there could be more. He wouldn't be the first goalie to come into his own after the age of 30.
I was talking about Mrazek.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014

Korchinski-Jones
Vlasic-Bouchard
Kaiser-Tinordi

Campbell
Soderblom

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Nuge-Raddysh
Foegele-Mcleod-Ryan
Holloway-Hamblin-Lavoei
Gagner

Ekholm-Murphy
Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Desharnais

Mrazek
Skinner
A few fans on Edmonton's board are ok with this.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
A few fans on Edmonton's board are ok with this.
I don't really want Bouchard, as I feel he doesn't enhance what we already have, but would be willing to find something that works with Edmonton for a package like that.

Murphy (50%)
Mrazek
Raddysh

Campbell
Holloway/Bourgault
1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad