Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospects Thread (CHL/NCAA/Euro)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Can't wait to see all points from Demidov in this thread next season!

MHL, VHL or KHL... Demidov will be a highlights real machine!

Sherwoo9

Jul 17, 2018
Kidney I would wait before call him a bust… he made over 100 pts D1 and D2… I don’t know how Houle played him in Laval. He is thin, but I think he could have a good season in Laval with more icetime.
I agree with Kidney. Kid has all the talent needed. With him it’s a matter of bulking up, learning to win battles against pros and keep working on skating. I can see him progressing over 2 more years in the A to the point he can become a legitimate option. While I won’t hold my breath for these 3, I am not completely throwing the towel on either Kidney, Farrel or Mesar. But they still can be part of the explanation why the Habs went with their ´24 size oriented draft strategy.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Notable names from within the Canadiens’ organization eligible to participate include 2021 first-round selection Logan Mailloux, 2022 first-round selection Filip Mesar, 2022 second-round selections Owen Beck and Lane Hutson, 2022 third-round selection Adam Engstrom, 2023 first-round and fifth overall selection David Reinbacher, and 2023 fourth-round selection and Montreal native Quentin Miller. The club’s first-round, fifth overall selection from the 2024 NHL Entry Draft, who will be announced tomorrow night in Las Vegas, is also expected to play.

Ticket prices will range from $10 to $15 and will go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 2.

Is that so? Demidov will be permitted to do this? Or was this more Cold War tier subversion by the habs?

Reactions: Sagikev

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Having Slafkovksy - Reinbacher - Demidov enter the organization the last 3 years is a dream, there’s something about these kids personality’s that scream special. All different players with elite skill sets all with awesome attitudes. What a time to be a Habs fan!!

Habs scouts nailed it with these high picks.

Slafkovsky and Demidov are the reason why tanking is exciting for the future, they are both have potential to be high offensive star talent at NHL level, they are both amazing hard worker with great attitude aswell. Slaf will be a better two-way and physical guy, Demidov can play in defense zone aswell, he is going to be spectacular player. Slaf and Demidov complete their game perfectly.

These 2 choices, make David Reinbacher pick even better, he have less pressure on him. He can develop in peace and become that two-way beast that Habs scouts see in him. I believe in his top pairing potential. He have play great in his 11 games at Laval.

The fact we land Ivan Demidov, picking Reinbacher in 2023 draft, makes everything perfect for the structure of this team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Having Slafkovksy - Reinbacher - Demidov enter the organization the last 3 years is a dream, there’s something about these kids personality’s that scream special. All different players with elite skill sets all with awesome attitudes. What a time to be a Habs fan!!
I'd add Owen Beck to that group even though he isn't as sexy he's certainly core potential meaning completely necessary like Carbo was.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I'd add Owen Beck to that group even though he isn't as sexy he's certainly core potential meaning completely necessary like Carbo was.
The team clearly values character as they believe it’s even more important in a market like Montreal. Slaf, Beck, Hutson, Reinbacher, Fowler, Xhekaj, Demidov and Hage all appear to be kids with good head and right attitude

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Screenshot_20240705_134820_X.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad