Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospects Thread (CHL/NCAA/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Oliver Kapanen with 2 more goals so far .He bas 5 goals.
IMG_5525.png

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Reactions: overlords

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't like people who are too harsh against prospects after 1, 2 or even sometime 3 years from their draft year.

Yet, I will make an exception here. Mesar will not play with us. And probably never in the NHL. I will be surprised if it happens. That's my take. Been wrong before. Plenty. I'm so much not a fan though....and that's me...always shouting for talent. But this guy just doesn't it for me.

Same for Kidney. Kidney and Mesar if any teams love them....just do it. And I think Kapanen is overrated. But...I have more hope for him.

Reactions: Wats

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't like people who are too harsh against prospects after 1, 2 or even sometime 3 years from their draft year.

Yet, I will make an exception here. Mesar will not play with us. And probably never in the NHL. I will be surprised if it happens. That's my take. Been wrong before. Plenty. I'm so much not a fan though....and that's me...always shouting for talent. But this guy just doesn't it for me.

Same for Kidney. Kidney and Mesar if any teams love them....just do it. And I think Kapanen is overrated. But...I have more hope for him.

I agree with Mesar and Kidney. Feel like these guys are more trade chips than actual keepers. Get Collberg vibes from Mesar and Maxwell vibes from Kidney.

Kapanen, disagree. He might not be a top 6 guy but I think he is as good as a forward prospect we have... Similar value to Beck.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I agree with Mesar and Kidney. Feel like these guys are more trade chips than actual keepers. Get Collberg vibes from Mesar and Maxwell vibes from Kidney.

Kapanen, disagree. He might not be a top 6 guy but I think he is as good as a forward prospect we have... Similar value to Beck.
Just said that he's overrated. I see some putting him on a top 6 role....

Reactions: Sagikev and Wats

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Kidney I would wait before call him a bust… he made over 100 pts D1 and D2… I don’t know how Houle played him in Laval. He is thin, but I think he could have a good season in Laval with more icetime.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004

Notable names from within the Canadiens’ organization eligible to participate include 2021 first-round selection Logan Mailloux, 2022 first-round selection Filip Mesar, 2022 second-round selections Owen Beck and Lane Hutson, 2022 third-round selection Adam Engstrom, 2023 first-round and fifth overall selection David Reinbacher, and 2023 fourth-round selection and Montreal native Quentin Miller. The club’s first-round, fifth overall selection from the 2024 NHL Entry Draft, who will be announced tomorrow night in Las Vegas, is also expected to play.

Ticket prices will range from $10 to $15 and will go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 2.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

Notable names from within the Canadiens’ organization eligible to participate include 2021 first-round selection Logan Mailloux, 2022 first-round selection Filip Mesar, 2022 second-round selections Owen Beck and Lane Hutson, 2022 third-round selection Adam Engstrom, 2023 first-round and fifth overall selection David Reinbacher, and 2023 fourth-round selection and Montreal native Quentin Miller. The club’s first-round, fifth overall selection from the 2024 NHL Entry Draft, who will be announced tomorrow night in Las Vegas, is also expected to play.

Ticket prices will range from $10 to $15 and will go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 2.
I think we can put to bed the notion that the team might trade down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad