GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Happy for Florida, was definitely rooting for them. I've hated the oilers ever since draisaitl speared tierney in the nuts that one year in the playoffs

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
Defense wins. Grier has an opportunity to build the team with a clean slate, starting with 2-way 1C in Celebrini.

What I learned from the years we lost to Pittsburgh and Vegas was that speed kills. We were so slow that we couldn't generate any offense.

I hope that this new Sharks team will be built around speed and defense with strong goalie.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
That turned out to be a fun finals, I was pretty bored through the first 2 games but 3-7 were really interesting, even if only a couple of them were actually competitive

It's not the "all-timer" some nerds are trying to claim, 2013 is still the gold standard in the cap era to me, and 2022 was awesome, but it was probably in the top half since the lockout

Reactions: coooldude

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
My quiet hope against hope is that Draisaitl is so disillusioned with this loss that he bails when his contract is up and gets the pitch of all pitches made by countryman Hasso Plattner. Celebrini-Smith-Draisaitl? That's some champion caliber center depth. :sarcasm:
Draisaitl would be 4C if we get Hagens

Let’s win this on in June 2035! I’ll take earlier, of course

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
My quiet hope against hope is that Draisaitl is so disillusioned with this loss that he bails when his contract is up and gets the pitch of all pitches made by countryman Hasso Plattner. Celebrini-Smith-Draisaitl? That's some champion caliber center depth. :sarcasm:
That guy who scored 0 goals in the finals? I'll pass, he doesn't have the clutch gene of a player like Melker Karlsson

And congrats to McDavid on being named the best loser in the world, it's a very rare and prestigious accomplishment

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
That guy who scored 0 goals in the finals? I'll pass, he doesn't have the clutch gene of a player like Melker Karlsson

And congrats to McDavid on being named the best loser in the world, it's a very rare and prestigious accomplishment
Should've accepted the award. We were robbed of sad Oiler footage. Sad Henrik/Jumbo are painfully iconic.

Reactions: weastern bias

RussianShark

Cheech
Mar 15, 2009
Rainyvale
so happy the Oilers lost the way they did, nothing against McDavid, just the rest of that franchise's existence the last 20 years

I have had a deep disdain for the Oilers ever since the Raffi Torres elbow on Michalek. My 4th least favorite Sharks rival in my opinion (Ducks, Knights, Kings)

Pretty one-sided rivalry though. We need to get our getback

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad