GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Goodrow with the EN goal. That should do it. Feel bad for Burns. What a meltdown by the Canes in the third
Extremely embarrassing game from Carolina; Rangers were also fortunate; against a good team Kreider wouldn't be enough.

But Carolina should consider a major retool. Going down 3-0 and then this collapse...along with all their other playoff failures....

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Carolina’s problem is that they don’t have a true star. Aho is the picture of consistency, but he does not have the power to take over a game and get his team over the hump. Slavin is a fantastic player but doesn’t have that game-breaking talent you need.

You live and die by your stars in the playoffs, unless your goaltender decides to go nuclear mode and win half your games for you.

Reactions: mogambomoroo

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Can't lie I really really wanted another team to become the last one to get reverse swept
Won't lie that this came to mind.
Carolina’s problem is that they don’t have a true star. Aho is the picture of consistency, but he does not have the power to take over a game and get his team over the hump. Slavin is a fantastic player but doesn’t have that game-breaking talent you need.

You live and die by your stars in the playoffs, unless your goaltender decides to go nuclear mode and win half your games for you.
I thought depth was the key factor?:sarcasm:
I remember like a decade ago reading a bit that Kreider's favorite book was Italo Calvino's If on a Winter Night a Traveller, which really spoke to the English major that I once was. I was like, This is absurd to hear from an NHL player, and I absolutely love him for it.

He went to B.C., btw.
Some Nhlers are big-brained. Joel Ward, Evgeni Nabokov, Joe Thornton, Scott Hannah, and, oddly enough, Bill Houlder (just to name a few). Matt Carle was no slouch either... and the Sharks had a prospect who interviewed like a Rhodes scholar...also believe that Setoguchi and Couture had really good academics...

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
The Oilers are f***ing terrible beyond Mcdavid and Draisaitl. Bouchard was a turnover machine tonight as well. I will forever root against the Canucks but my god, it was tough watching the Oilers play tonight

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Won't lie that this came to mind.

I thought depth was the key factor?:sarcasm:

Some Nhlers are big-brained. Joel Ward, Evgeni Nabokov, Joe Thornton, Scott Hannah, and, oddly enough, Bill Houlder (just to name a few). Matt Carle was no slouch either... and the Sharks had a prospect who interviewed like a Rhodes scholar...also believe that Setoguchi and Couture had really good academics...

LOL Seto?!!

I saw Seto at the Brit once.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Having the Leafs, Canes, and Oilers all really underperform in the playoffs whilst we are sitting here knowing we've been through that and now have the first overall coming into the club is a nice reassuring feeling.

Hope they all make big moves for maximum chaos.

Reactions: Tw1ster

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Murray went to Cornell and invented a product! Sure, it was a way to drink beer more efficiently but still lol

LOL Seto?!!

I saw Seto at the Brit once.
yikes

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

Not that I understand the rule, but shouldn't the fact that Makar is pushing Duchene into the goalie factor into the decision somehow? Duchene was starting to drift into the goal already, but Makar is the one that really created the ultimate interference. What's to stop the defense from just pushing opposing players into the goal every time they are desperate to reset play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad