this is the trophy

Screen Shot 2024-07-11 at 10.02.33 PM.png

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dorion no question.

Traded for Chychrun at the 2022/23 deadline, but that was more of an acquisition for 23/24 since the Sens were a big longshot to make the playoffs at that point. Bought extremely high on him by trading a high 1st and two 2nds. Was sold to HFSens as a two-way D that could be shifted to the right side, but turned out he was only capable of playing the left side and is actually quite one-dimensional. Ended up getting moved for Jensen because he'd be on the 3rd pairing in Ottawa.

Signed Korpisalo to a 20M deal over 5 years, which was an obvious igregious error right from the start. Was one of the worst goalies in the league in 23/24 and Staios ended up having to give up value to dump him on the Bruins.

Got bent over in the DeBrincat trade return. Only ended up getting the 25th OVR pick for him after trading the 7th OVR + 39th OVR + a future 3rd the season before to add him. Helped a divisional rival get better by gifting them a top 6 forward and providing them the key to getting Patrick Kane to sign there for cheap.

Signed Tarasenko to a 5M deal when the Sens didn't have any cap space left, which put him in a position where teams were demanding a 1st to "take on" a solid young bottom 6er in Joseph so the Sens could get under the cap and create enough room to re-sign Pinto. Dorion ended up getting bailed out by Pinto getting a 41 game suspension, but it damaged the relationship. Also since he gave Tarasenko a full NTC as part of the deal Staios wasn't able to get much for him at the deadline, as he insisted on only being traded to the Panthers.

And of course the Sens were penalized a 1st round pick in 23/24 because Dorion's incompetence relating to the Dadonov trade, which was several years earlier but I'm still counting it because it was just the cherry on top of one of the worst off-seasons in a long time. Ended up getting the bumbling fool fired, but about 5 years too late.

Chuck Fletcher would be proud

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The Leafs lost embarassingly in the first round of the playoffs with Treliving. We also lost embarrassingly in the first round of the playoffs, three out of the last four years. The fourth year we lost embarrassingly in the second round.

Wait a minute, to be fair, we actually had a lot of respect in the handshake line against Tampa, so count that as you will.

Idk how "same shit, different day" with the core he inherited makes Treliving the worst GM. This isn't the poll for the GM who has the most manbabies in the dressing room, he'd win that one for sure.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I’d have to go with Rob Blake.

I like Dubas, but his season was rough as well.

I’m just confused by Yzerman and Armstrong (STL)

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
I am indifferent on Treliving so far but not sure how it is fair to say that when the guy was hired like a month before the draft and free agency and not even allowed to participate in some things.
And end of the day, the team finished the exact same way it has been for 8 years lol.

<insert leafs GM> Will always be a popular choice no matter what.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Briere wins with Blake and Yzerman as the other finalists.

Briere is working on it, but he isn't on Blake or Stevie's level just yet. Basically in training. He's gonna peak in '26 when the Flyers have a bunch of cap space. But the signs are there early: skipping on Buium, refusing to trade Scott Laughton for a first round pick, squandering Gauthier, randomly extending Garnet Hathaway a year before his contract is up...a lot of potential for Danny B to be the next legendary Flyers GM who wastes a superstar's career and sets the franchise back another decade.

Paul Holmgren remains the best GM they've had in the last 30 years, which is kind of unreal.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Briere is working on it, but he isn't on Blake or Stevie's level just yet. Basically in training. He's gonna peak in '26 when the Flyers have a bunch of cap space. But the signs are there early: skipping on Buium, refusing to trade Scott Laughton for a first round pick, squandering Gauthier, randomly extending Garnet Hathaway a year before his contract is up...a lot of potential for Danny B to be the next legendary Flyers GM who wastes a superstar's career and sets the franchise back another decade.

Paul Holmgren remains the best GM they've had in the last 30 years, which is kind of unreal.
The Provorov trade was masterful

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I wish Dubas had done more in-season to change the trajectory of the season but oh well. While he was meh, there were far worse GMs in the league. I'm glad to see he still lives rent-free in so many people's heads, though.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Rob Blake for ignoring what everyone knew about PLD and trading
-Vilardi
-Iafallo
-Kupari
-Sean Durzi (The 2nd round pick from the trade w/AZ was used to aquire PLD)

and not trading Matt Roy at the deadline and getting something for a UFA that wasn't going to sign when everyone knew that the Kings were a 1 and out playoff team

Rob Blake lost Matt Roy, Sean Durzi, and Sean Walker in a year.

Reactions: Guttersniped

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
1. Dubas
2. Dorian
3. Blake
4. Holland

How can you not win a Cup with a gift wrapped Connor McDavid and Driasaitl over a few years...insane!

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Dorion no question.

Traded for Chychrun at the 2022/23 deadline, but that was more of an acquisition for 23/24 since the Sens were a big longshot to make the playoffs at that point. Bought extremely high on him by trading a high 1st and two 2nds. Was sold to HFSens as a two-way D that could be shifted to the right side, but turned out he was only capable of playing the left side and is actually quite one-dimensional. Ended up getting moved for Jensen because he'd be on the 3rd pairing in Ottawa.

Signed Korpisalo to a 20M deal over 5 years, which was an obvious igregious error right from the start. Was one of the worst goalies in the league in 23/24 and Staios ended up having to give up value to dump him on the Bruins.

Got bent over in the DeBrincat trade return. Only ended up getting the 25th OVR pick for him after trading the 7th OVR + 39th OVR + a future 3rd the season before to add him. Helped a divisional rival get better by gifting them a top 6 forward and providing them the key to getting Patrick Kane to sign there for cheap.

Signed Tarasenko to a 5M deal when the Sens didn't have any cap space left, which put him in a position where teams were demanding a 1st to "take on" a solid young bottom 6er in Joseph so the Sens could get under the cap and create enough room to re-sign Pinto. Dorion ended up getting bailed out by Pinto getting a 41 game suspension, but it damaged the relationship. Also since he gave Tarasenko a full NTC as part of the deal Staios wasn't able to get much for him at the deadline, as he insisted on only being traded to the Panthers.

And of course the Sens were penalized a 1st round pick in 23/24 because Dorion's incompetence relating to the Dadonov trade, which was several years earlier but I'm still counting it because it was just the cherry on top of one of the worst off-seasons in a long time. Ended up getting the bumbling fool fired, but about 5 years too late.
I know and remember that be was BAD, but every time someone writes up the whole ordeal, there's nothing else to say but JFC.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Dorion and Blake.

These two have been given a long rope and still stunk it up.

Dubas and Treliving didn't have the time to sink their teeth into their new positions. It was more just going with the flow.

Reactions: habsterr

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Dorion no question.

Milbury would be very impressed with this body of work.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Jarmo, Blake, and Dorion in a dead heat. If I had to choose...I would say Jarmo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad