Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Bisson signed by Tampa Bay (assume this is for Springfield) and Galipeau headed to Germany.

Big numbers with Laval but would either have helped in Montreal?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Riley McKay signed an AHL deal with the Henderson Silver Knights.

John Parker-Jones signed an AHL deal with the Ontario Reign.

Alex-Olivier Voyer signed in Slovakia with HC Banska Bystrica.

Lindstrom, Keeper, Norlinder, Maillet, Bourque and Kaskisuo are the remaining guys who are currently unsigned who played for last year team.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Riley McKay signed an AHL deal with the Henderson Silver Knights.

John Parker-Jones signed an AHL deal with the Ontario Reign.

Alex-Olivier Voyer signed in Slovakia with HC Banska Bystrica.

Lindstrom, Keeper, Norlinder, Maillet, Bourque and Kaskisuo are the remaining guys who are currently unsigned who played for last year team.
Mallet was decent. I did like KK. The rest….bye bye. Especially Bourque, Norlinder and Keeper. They were terrible.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Definitely a TR guy. Weirdly enough, a few years back he was considered a legit prospect. Wonder what happened to him.

Yeah looks like the TR guy who can be called up to the AHL. Hughes is the AHL guy to mentor Dobes and take the NHL call-up if there's an injury. I'm sure they want to leave Dobes alone in the AHL all year. Next season would make sense for him to get some NHL games especially since it will be time to transition in Fowler.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah looks like the TR guy who can be called up to the AHL. Hughes is the AHL guy to mentor Dobes and take the NHL call-up if there's an injury. I'm sure they want to leave Dobes alone in the AHL all year. Next season would make sense for him to get some NHL games especially since it will be time to transition in Fowler.

The problem is if Volokhin is brought over as Miller need to be signed next year and Fowler should be too.

That would be 4 goalies with no vets.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Volokhin can stay in the KHL next year

Probably wouldn't be in the KHL with how stacked his team is at the goalie position, but the longer he stays, the more dangerous it becomes that he signs a multi-year deal.

Berdin
Proskuryakov

Sokhatsky
Nosov
Zavragin

Volokhin
Fudymovsky
Radkov

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Probably wouldn't be in the KHL with how stacked his team is at the goalie position, but the longer he stays, the more dangerous it becomes that he signs a multi-year deal.

Berdin
Proskuryakov

Sokhatsky
Nosov
Zavragin

Volokhin
Fudymovsky
Radkov
I would’t mind at all that he sign a multi year contract in the KHL. Sorokin and Shestorkin stayed more then 4 years in Russia after being drafted and it help their development and we can concentrate on Dobes/Fowler and the others with Laval

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I would’t mind at all that he sign a multi year contract in the KHL. Sorokin and Shestorkin stayed more then 4 years in Russia after being drafted and it help their development and we can concentrate on Dobes/Fowler and the others with Laval

But what if it's longer than that?

Then you get an older goalie less malleable to your goalie coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad