2023-24 James Norris Memorial Trophy finalists: Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Cale Makar

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I live in BC and most of my friends are Canucks fans so I watch a lot of their games. Good try from you to assume right away I don't though.
You live in BC and dont watch Canucks games, so what?? Hughes is the driver on the offense from back end

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
no you dont bud, every Canucks fan knows Hughes drives the Canucks offense. You are the only one saying he doesnt yet he has 92 points and 70 assists lol
When did I say he wasn't?

Thanks for telling me what I do and what I don't do. I would be lost without you. Can you tell me when I should go to the bathroom next please?

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021

Thanks for telling me what I do and what I don't do. I would be lost without you. Can you tell me when I should go to the bathroom next please?
Player analysis on HF often comes down to how forcefully and repetitively you can repeat the phrase "do you even watch the games, bro?" I find it hilarious.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
no you dont bud, every Canucks fan knows Hughes drives the Canucks offense. You are the only one saying he doesnt yet he has 92 points and 70 assists lol

Having problem finding it?
Ok you can stop looking. I'll help you out. I NEVER DID!!!!!

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Only thing I have to say is I’ve seen all I needed to see in the Nashville/ Vancouver series and it’s this. If the Avs are in the final minute of the game and need to defend the lead ot score a goal , Cale Makar is going to be one of the 5 players on the ice. Vancouver doesn’t see it the same way with their star defenseman.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Makar is the best defenceman in the league in my opinion. Been watching him since he was 16.

All im saying that game to game year after year Josi is the most consistent
He been a consistent 50-60 point d man for most of his career. He’s only really stepped it up the last couple of seasons. He’s always been good but he’s been an elite player lately.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Hughes wins this one in a landslide this year. He was better than Makar or Josi this year for sure.
Going to be an awesome award to watch over the next decade, so many good young D.

Reactions: nucks88

Run the Gauntlet

May 12, 2022
Hughes might win it, but in the palyoffs The Predators pushed him around a lot.
He looked sad like he was about to cry or something.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I'm sure a source called "Vancouver is Awesome" is legitimate. That's hilarious.

The numbers are easily available out there and they're very much correct. Doesn't matter if they're posted by a Vancouver site, an Avs site, or Sportsnet, they will look the same no matter what. Every single metric posted is presented with a source, but I too would've probably played that ridiculous card instead of admitting when I was wrong.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Makar is the best defenceman in the league in my opinion. Been watching him since he was 16.

All im saying that game to game year after year Josi is the most consistent

Since his rookie season Makar PPG among D: 3,1,2,2,1
Josi in the same timeframe: 2, 12, 1, 9, 3
Makar is more consistent offensively.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Makar is a reputation vote. But he looks like he's got another gear in the playoffs. At least when facing the lackluster Jets.

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
What's with all the hyperbolic, tribalist comments? All 3 of Josi, Hughes and Makar are elite. Amazing Dmen and we are lucky to be able to watch them play. Each could win, and would be deserved.

I think Hughes wins it this year, but if Makar or Josi got their 2nd Norris I wouldn't be surprised either. All amazing players!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad