Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Remember when there was a period of a few days where we debated which forwards would get waived when we got healthy? We were so young and stupid back then.
Groulx is benefiting from it. Every time it looks like he is about to be waived and have a salary drop from $775k to $100k someone else gets hurt and he stays on the roster.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
This scares me. Pain tolerance isn’t necessarily healed. The next 15 years is more important than the next 15 days. Let the kid get to 100%.

Unless he’s been living on HGH in a barometric chamber. Which I’d believe.
Any other player on any other team and I'd be worried, but there's no way Pat is going to go from load managing him to rushing him back from injury.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Any other player on any other team and I'd be worried, but there's no way Pat is going to go from load managing him to rushing him back from injury.

Yeah, I don’t see them rushing back a guy who is potentially their future 1C franchise player. I said earlier if it was a grade 1, Would not be the full 4-6 weeks. I don’t think it was luck per se, I just think him playing in the summer, getting a full camp, his body is stronger and able to take those injuries and are not as severe.

I think this is why Zegras is more frail now, he only played 19 games(Can’t count last night) this season with an injury in the middle. It takes players a long time to get fully game ready this is why camp and preseason is so important. Look at Killorn, I think he is starting to look like the player we hoped when he signed.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I wonder if by 'a while' Cronin meant Zegs will miss like a couple weeks and a handful of games but not necessarily like 1-3 months. Guess we'll find out soon

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Yeah, I don’t see them rushing back a guy who is potentially their future 1C franchise player. I said earlier if it was a grade 1, Would not be the full 4-6 weeks. I don’t think it was luck per se, I just think him playing in the summer, getting a full camp, his body is stronger and able to take those injuries and are not as severe.

I think this is why Zegras is more frail now, he only played 19 games(Can’t count last night) this season with an injury in the middle. It takes players a long time to get fully game ready this is why camp and preseason is so important. Look at Killorn, I think he is starting to look like the player we hoped when he signed.
I dont think Z's injury last night had anything to do with missing time. He got tripped, went awkwardly into the boards, and his ankle went the wrong way.

Now the past injury, you are probably right but Z's injury last night was more of a freak think than a muscle strain type of thing.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
That's nice, but it's clear that we have to have at least one first rounder out with a long-term injury at all times. So who's going to pay for this?

Simple solution ... sign a first round bust on the cheap to keep on IR, like garlic against vampires.

If it works, I will accept a job as the official Medicine Man for the team. I have a wonderful selection of magic elixirs too. Mostly gin based.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
That was supposed to be JONES!

Indiana Jones, Jones.gif

Reactions: Arthuros

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Not a high enough 1st rounder, that's like using garlic powder instead of real garlic, the vampires will just sneeze and then continue their rampage. Is Stan Chistov available?
I hear that Nick Ritchie isn't busy at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad