Speculation: 2023-24 Free Agency/Trade Thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
l24h35rx8x9c1.jpg

I know these charts are controversial around here but his defensive analytics where unreal, there's a reason so many people have the Kopitar and Barkov comparisons.

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
Corey Pronman’s not really a trade rumor guy, so I’m not sure what to make of this quote from his mock draft today:

There’s also the matzo ball hanging out there that a Trevor Zegras trade seems increasingly likely. If they moved Zegras for a defenseman it could turn their attention right back up front to players like Lindstrom or Beckett Sennecke.”

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
trading Zegras does nothing but further set back the team. is the franchise really only interested in being a shit team to just keep loading up on picks just to trade them away for more picks/prospects? guess being bad forever helps keep cost down...

A Zegras trade to me shows this franchise has zero interest in ever being a competitive team.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Corey Pronman’s not really a trade rumor guy, so I’m not sure what to make of this quote from his mock draft today:

There’s also the matzo ball hanging out there that a Trevor Zegras trade seems increasingly likely. If they moved Zegras for a defenseman it could turn their attention right back up front to players like Lindstrom or Beckett Sennecke.”

My wild thought...Ducks draft Silayev at 3OA and trade Zegras to Montreal for 5OA then take Sennecke. PV fulfills his dream to make team bigger and tougher to play against.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
There goes one Gibson suitor. Still think Detroit makes the most sense. Ullmark is probably the next domino to fall.

Yeah, Wings might be the only option (maybe Kings). I wonder if we would do a Husso+Compher for Gibby+McGinn. Husso is off the books after this season and Compher is that righty who can help take faceoffs for Zegras.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Yeah, Wings might be the only option (maybe Kings). I wonder if we would do a Husso+Compher for Gibby+McGinn. Husso is off the books after this season and Compher is that righty who can help take faceoffs for Zegras.
Why would the Ducks dump Gibson? There is no upside in doing it. They will have to take equal money back and the guys they get back will have little to no upside, like Husso and Compher.

If it was for another risky asset like Laine then I see the upside, but I would rather keep Gibson then dump him for equal money back.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Why would the Ducks dump Gibson? There is no upside in doing it. They will have to take equal money back and the guys they get back will have little to no upside, like Husso and Compher.

If it was for another risky asset like Laine then I see the upside, but I would rather keep Gibson then dump him for equal money back.
Totally agree - I feel given the success of goalie tandems over the last few years we should just ride this out and keep dostals workload down to a reasonable amount

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

IMO the only good reason to trade him is if he would prefer a change of scenery. This is just my opinion, but Gibson doesn't seem like a guy who would be OK with splitting the job with Dostal. If he is cool with that, then I'm cool with keeping him. There has definitely been plenty of smoke around his name in the past to suggest he might be on board with a trade.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Not a bad return without seeing if there are conditions on the pick. What is bahl, a #5?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It's not bad I guess, but I also don't think it's that good. Markstrom was probably close to a Vezina finalist this year.
It's the most a goaltender has returned since...what, freddie? When is the last time a goalie brought back a first? I'm probably forgetting someone.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
trading Zegras does nothing but further set back the team. is the franchise really only interested in being a shit team to just keep loading up on picks just to trade them away for more picks/prospects? guess being bad forever helps keep cost down...

A Zegras trade to me shows this franchise has zero interest in ever being a competitive team.
It really depends on follow up moves….

Let’s say we trade zegras for Reinbacher + jets 1st….. then draft 1 of lindstrom/Demidov/sannecke … and still have 3 picks in the 25-35 range to trade for a potential winger now. Can still throw money at a top 6 forward or use some of those assets. Maybe get a necas or boeser and roll with

We end up with a potential top shut down dmen In reinbacher
Still get a forward that can score
Still have a bunch of picks to make moves…. Bring in a top 6 forward as a prospect for next year or the year after.

I mean it can make sense if it’s done the right way

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Bahl's caphit is basically $1 million for one more year, so Calgary was able to offload $5 million as well. They got pretty good value for a goaltender.

We won't be able to move Gibson for anything of real value without retention or taking real salary back.

Reactions: Kalv and Deuce22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad