2023-24 Calder Memorial Trophy finalists: Connor Bedard, Brock Faber, Luke Hughes | Winner: Connor Bedard

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This has to be a joke right

Mcdavid and Bedard both got injured in their rookie seasons. But Bedard still managed to win the Calder and Mcdavid did not. A sign of things to come
Bedard is not on McDavid's level, let alone better than Bedard, and McDavid's rookie season was far more impressive.

If Bedard had to compete with a rookie Panarin, Panarin would have won the Calder in a blow out.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Bedard is not on McDavid's level, let alone better than Bedard, and McDavid's rookie season was far more impressive.

If Bedard had to compete with a rookie Panarin, Panarin would have won the Calder in a blow out.

McDavid also missed a hell of a lot more games than Bedard. If McDavid played the same number of games as Bedard he’d probably have only been a couple points back of Panarin and likely would have won.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
McDavid also missed a hell of a lot more games than Bedard. If McDavid played the same number of games as Bedard he’d probably have only been a couple points back of Panarin and likely would have won.
Yeah that's true as well, he was 3rd in the league in PPG, which would give him 72 points in 68 games, only 5 points shy of Panarin's 77 points. That would probably be enough to get him the Calder.

And just to further highlight how much better McDavid's rookie season was than Bedard's, 3rd in the NHL in PPG this year would have equated to 116p in 68gp.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

Bedard is very much on McDavids level and he will prove it soon enough

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
No, it is not.
Is it because Bedard is a Canucks fan or something ? I really don't understand these petty little snipes at Bedard. Or maybe it's just the Jack Hughs fans.

Bedard had more PPG in junior at the club level and international. Playing on worse teams than Mcdavid did. But hey , Faber bro!!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bedard is very much on McDavids level and he will prove it soon enough
Yeah he sure proved it this year. Oh wait, no he didn't, but that's only because he had no talent to play with. Oh wait, he had plenty of talent to play with at the WC and was demoted to the 13th forward because of his poor play.

Kid has tons of talent but he's nowhere near Bedard. Junior numbers are completely irrelevant at this point.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Is it because Bedard is a Canucks fan or something ? I really don't understand these petty little snipes at Bedard. Or maybe it's just the Jack Hughs fans.

Bedard had more PPG in junior at the club level and international. Playing on worse teams than Mcdavid did. But hey , Faber bro!!
How the hell is it a snipe? I think Bedard is a star level player but he's in no way anywhere close to McDavid and thinking some other player may be better is not taking a snipe at him.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah that's true as well, he was 3rd in the league in PPG, which would give him 72 points in 68 games, only 5 points shy of Panarin's 77 points. That would probably be enough to get him the Calder.

And just to further highlight how much better McDavid's rookie season was than Bedard's, 3rd in the NHL in PPG this year would have equated to 116p in 68gp.

To be fair I don’t think his 3rd place PPG finish is comparable to the top 3 this year, but even if he was somewhere between 4th and 5th, he’d be in the mid 90s in points.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
How the hell is it a snipe? I think Bedard is a star level player but he's in no way anywhere close to McDavid and thinking some other player may be better is not taking a snipe at him.
Saying Joe Shmoe pick may be better than Bedard is like saying Joe Schmoe pick from 2015 could be better than McDavid.

Bedard is by far the most touted talent since Mcdavid.

You can say anything you want but we all know it's rooted in salt.

Edit: a Hughs brother was in the running for the Calder. Source of salt identified.
Devils bros don't like Bedard bc they want Jack to be the 2nd best player in the league and they wanted Luke to win the Calder.

Yeah he sure proved it this year. Oh wait, no he didn't, but that's only because he had no talent to play with. Oh wait, he had plenty of talent to play with at the WC and was demoted to the 13th forward because of his poor play.

Kid has tons of talent but he's nowhere near Bedard. Junior numbers are completely irrelevant at this point.
Bedard won the Calder , McDavid did not

• Haha
Reactions: Bixby Snyder

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Saying Joe Shmoe pick may be better than Bedard is like saying Joe Schmoe pick from 2015 could be better than McDavid.

Bedard is by far the most touted talent since Mcdavid.

You can say anything you want but we all know it's rooted in salt.

Edit: a Hughs brother was in the running for the Calder. Source of salt identified.
Devils bros don't like Bedard bc they want Jack to be the 2nd best player in the league and they wanted Luke to win the Calder.
First of all I never mentioned Hughes so I don't know WTF you're talking about.
I have different opinion than you on a certain player doesn't mean I'm dissing your guy, I think Bedard is fine but he's not McDavid.
You accuse me of a "snipe" at Bedard but then refer to Brock Faber the guy that finished 2nd in the voting for the Calder as a "Joe Shmoe".

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bedard won the Calder , McDavid did not
Matthews won the Calder, McDavid did not. I guess Matthews is better than McDavid too?

McDavid's rookie season blew Bedard's out of the water. They aren't remotely comparable. Bedard's rookie season wasn't really any better than recent top rookie forwards like Panarin, Matthews, Laine, Kaprizov, Pettersson, or Barzal. And definitely not better than McDavid's.

Faber would have gotten my vote for Calder, then Bedard.

Reactions: Bixby Snyder

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
Bedard is not yet 19 years old and he was drafted 12 months ago. the ceiling is unreal
I hope KDavidson signs some UFAS

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2