Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I can only assume your joking, but Jakob Chychrun is the biggest loser in the NHL, so...
Ask a question of a poster as to what have they've accomplished in their life to believe they are in a position to call an individual who has reached the pinnacle of their profession - of which diet is an important component - stupid?

Answer: Jacon Chychrun.

Don't ever change internet.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Ask a question of a poster as to what have they've accomplished in their life to believe they are in a position to call an individual who has reached the pinnacle of their profession - of which diet is an important component - stupid?

Just FYI - Chychrun is not a cup winner nor is he close to the pinnacle of his profession.

Based on this and this alone, he's a capital-L (and the rest of the letters) LOSER :sarcasm:

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Just FYI - Chychrun is not a cup winner nor is he close to the pinnacle of his profession.

Based on this and this alone, he's a capital-L (and the rest of the letters) LOSER :sarcasm:
Just want you to know, I'm heating up the gas stove and preparing to stick my head in it now that I realize that I am lower than even the Jakob Chychruns of the world. Thank you for making it clear how meaningless my existence is so that I don't waste any more of the world's time. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

My job directly saves more lives than Jakob Chychrun's does, so I feel pretty comfortable in my own profession. :rolleyes:

You literally claimed that Chychrun is a Stanley Cup winner when he has made the playoffs literally once in his entire career.

Sharksfan66

Nov 4, 2021
You know, I remember reading a story about Warsofsky back around the time he was being considered for the HC job about how he maybe got in trouble for refusing to play the kids in his bid to win the AHL championship in Chicago and I remember thinking, gosh...is this really the kind of guy we want to hand the keys over to? Now, it seemed like no one on here was really concerned about that, so I figured it was nothing, but now this has me wondering if it was something.

What do you all think about the move to put Smith between Goodie & Kunin at this point?

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
You know, I remember reading a story about Warsofsky back around the time he was being considered for the HC job about how he maybe got in trouble for refusing to play the kids in his bid to win the AHL championship in Chicago and I remember thinking, gosh...is this really the kind of guy we want to hand the keys over to? Now, it seemed like no one on here was really concerned about that, so I figured it was nothing, but now this has me wondering if it was something.

What do you all think about the move to put Smith between Goodie & Kunin at this point?
I mean, it may not seem like an ideal fit for Smith, but he seemed to have zero chemistry with Kostin and Zetterlund, so I can't say I'm too bothered by it.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose

I mean if we're gonna f*** him up, might as well take the extra steps to really f*** up his development. I don't mind him doing 3C duties til he gets up to speed but do we really have no one else? The bright side is at least he's got puckhounds on his line but Kunin has zero finishing ability. Goodrow's fine admittedly

• Haha

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
You know, I remember reading a story about Warsofsky back around the time he was being considered for the HC job about how he maybe got in trouble for refusing to play the kids in his bid to win the AHL championship in Chicago

The only story I'm aware of is that Canes management threatened to fire him if he played Alex Lyon in goal instead of Kochetkov during the playoffs. Unless you've got another one. Seemed like an overreaction by Carolina to me. It's the playoffs. Play your best guys.

The Chicago Wolves really are a weird case. They have been for years. Still are.

• Love
Reactions: ChompChomp

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Listen, Gushchin who is significantly less talented than Smith played with AHLers in the preseason (I know I know but still) and popped. I don’t care who he plays with, I need to see him skating and keeping up with the play. I care less about points, it’s more about being up to NHL speed.

At least they can get him the puck, I think that’s good. And he has a bit less pressure on him to produce with this line.. and Goodrow has been actually very good, so it may not be the worst place for him.

Unfortunately the ideal person for him to play with is Granlund and that doesn’t make sense til Celebrini is back.

Reactions: coooldude

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

Well, he won't have that dilemma this year.

On the one hand, there are many aspects of the Sharks' performance that look improved and some of the details that they weren't so good at in the first game have continued to look better with each subsequent game. And I understand that from a player's perspective, getting a win will do more for their confidence and general outlook than anything else. But I'm underwhelmed by his priorities so far.

I would be happy to feel quite differently 20 games from now and I hope that I do.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

Oh my good lord, I missed the last game and I come to the boards today and see Smith getting knocked down to the Kunin-Goodrow line lol was the last game really that bad lol

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I don't particularly care for it because I think Goodie and Kunin are both guys that shouldn't be higher in the lineup than the 4th line. But the reality is that any spot in the lineup that Smith has is a spot he hasn't earned. They are spots he's trying to develop his way into. In the development context, anywhere in the lineup for someone who is still needing to learn to play at NHL speed is good for his development even with bad linemates. I don't expect that to be the case this whole season but early on while he's still finding his footing and we're committing to his development, anywhere in the lineup is fine enough for his development. Hell, a healthy scratch isn't a bad idea for him either to watch a game or two.

Reactions: Jargon

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Gushchin-Granlund-Toffoli
Kostin-Wennberg-Zetterlund
Goodrow-W. Smith-Kunin
Grundstrom-Sturm-Dellandrea

Projected lines for Chicago, they need at least one offensive option to play with smith sheesh, Bordy needs to get healthy already

Oh my good lord, I missed the last game and I come to the boards today and see Smith getting knocked down to the Kunin-Goodrow line lol was the last game really that bad lol
Nah Smith is just playing like a passenger right now because hes overwhelmed and afraid to make a mistake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad