Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Fewer right hand shot defenseman.
And D are generally optimized when they are playing their correct side. Some people pooh pooh this notion, but there are numerous articles out there where NHL d-men describe the challenges of playing their offside (being on the backhand on d-zone dump puck retrievals, picking pucks off the boards in the o-zone). Teams are obviously making draft decisions based on that, and coaches generally set line-ups accordingly.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
4th round pick would be nice.
They can't afford Sturm at 2 mil unless we take someone back making at least 800k but probably closer to a mil so that would be like taking back Englund or Rittich. And personally, a 4th round pick for that kind of swap isn't worth it to me. I'd rather keep Sturm and see if we can get a 3rd at the deadline for him.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
They can't afford Sturm at 2 mil unless we take someone back making at least 800k but probably closer to a mil so that would be like taking back Englund or Rittich
I'd do Sturm for Englund and a 4th or 5th. We might be able to get something for Englund at the deadline too.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If they give us a 4th round pick, I'd probably take it at this point. We have way too many fourth liners on this roster.
If we’re giving up 4th liners I’d rather keep the only one that’s capable of winning faceoff. Our biggest issue was constantly being pinned down in our own zone for hours at a time.

Reactions: MackAttack71

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If they give us a 4th round pick, I'd probably take it at this point. We have way too many fourth liners on this roster.
I think Sturm can get us that at the deadline so I don't see a good reason to part ways with him at this point. Swapping too many 4th liners for too many fringe NHL depth defensemen or too many goalies just to get a 4th doesn't seem worth it when that asset can likely get that on his own at the deadline. If I'm going to get rid of any 4th liners, it's going to be one of the wingers like Kostin if he fails to build on last season or Kunin because he's awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad