Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Rangers fans swear-up-and-down that while Trouba is massively overpaid and a bottom-pair guy on the ice, he is tremendous in the room and a great professional.

Personally, I'd like to see Karlsson back in San Jose.

Reactions: Bizz

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Lmao as if Trouba isn’t leaps and bounds better than every Sharks defenseman.
I wont argue analytics with you because I know you dont respect them, but there are a million better D options that dont cost 8mil for the next two years.

Look at Nate Schmidt being bought out today, he would be a way better option and far cheaper.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I wont argue analytics with you because I know you dont respect them, but there are a million better D options that dont cost 8mil for the next two years.

Look at Nate Schmidt being bought out today, he would be a way better option and far cheaper.
At least in the last two playoffs, he's been very underwhelming.

Reactions: themelkman

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

That doesn’t change the fact that Trouba is leaps and bounds better than every Sharks defenseman. You said he wouldn’t improve the team which is false.

Once the Burns retention comes off the books in a year we can also retain 50% and probably get a 1st for Trouba at 4M.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
At least in the last two playoffs, he's been very underwhelming.
1719769893507.png

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I have no doubts that hes a good locker room guy, but you need to extract assets for taking guys who are super overpaid. Its a cutthroat league and teams wont be paying back these favours when we need it (as we saw in the DW era).
I was talking about Schmidt. Trouba looked like a legit NHLer, if a bit of a mad dog...

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Sure and so was Wallman, but notice how we got a nice pick for taking him and didnt do it for free.

Hes leaps and bounds better because we are really really awful
If Detroit is on Trouba's NTC list you can guarantee the Sharks are so that's not on the table.

Trouba can eat top pairing minutes and deter opponents from taking runs at our kids then we can retain 50% and get assets for him as an expiring contract.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Brannstrom would be an interesting target, but he's small, so I doubt he'll be a target. Boqvist and Schmidt are both 6'0" so I could see Grier having some interest there, especially if he wants a RHD (Boqvist) to qb the PP.

Reactions: themelkman

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Trouba isn't a guy I want, because he's extremely dirty and also extremely stupid about being dirty. I also don't think he's anywhere near worth his cap hit.

I would hate every moment he's on the ice. He's the sort of player I believe should be banned.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If Detroit is on Trouba's NTC list you can guarantee the Sharks are so that's not on the table.

Trouba can eat top pairing minutes and deter opponents from taking runs at our kids then we can retain 50% and get assets for him as an expiring contract.
Well considering he has a full NTC until tomorrow every team is on his list.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Brannstrom would be an interesting target, but he's small, so I doubt he'll be a target. Boqvist and Schmidt are both 6'0" so I could see Grier having some interest there, especially if he wants a RHD (Boqvist) to qb the PP.
Boqvist is apparently made of glass...

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Trouba isn't a guy I want, because he's extremely dirty and also extremely stupid about being dirty. I also don't think he's anywhere near worth his cap hit.

I would hate every moment he's on the ice. He's the sort of player I believe should be banned.
I like Trouba but I agree with this. With the amount of kid star power we may be throwing out there, having Trouba do something stupid only increases the risk of retribution on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad