Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Haha okay, too many details for my brain to process today. But I don't think the Sharks will be dealing with him as it sounds like he made it clear he doesn't want to play for them (and while we might say that's the same with Goodrow, I think Grier probably feels like that's a different situation, maybe because of Goodrow's history with the Sharks and different role as a player).

Reactions: ChompChomp

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Haha okay, too many details for my brain to process today. But I don't think the Sharks will be dealing with him as it sounds like he made it clear he doesn't want to play for them (and while we might say that's the same with Goodrow, I think Grier probably feels like that's a different situation, maybe because of Goodrow's history with the Sharks and different role as a player).

I'm with you, I don't want him either. Just noting that a player must pass through unconditional waivers before being bought out UNLESS they have an NMC, as an NMC prevents a team from placing a player on waivers. So Dallas' Ryan Suter buyout did not involve waivers because he had an NMC.

Reactions: timorous me

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Not too surprising...Studnicka blows and Zadina was already not a great fit for the bottom-6 (and certainly not good enough to be a top-6 forward) but now they've added multiple other guys more fitting for a bottom-6 role in Dellandrea and Goodrow

Reactions: Cas

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Not too surprising...Studnicka blows and Zadina was already not a great fit for the bottom-6 (and certainly not good enough to be a top-6 forward) but now they've added multiple other guys more fitting for a bottom-6 role in Dellandrea and Goodrow

And maybe even Afanasyev.

Reactions: DG93

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
I think it's fair to say that drafting Celebrini and Dickinson really helped the way we can utilize Smith and Mukhamadullin. This will take the load off both Smith and Mukhamadullin to be taking the hardest minutes and will ultimately help Sharks become a winning team in the long run.
1C Celebrini - 2C Smith
1LD Dickinson - 2LD Mukhamadullin

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Marino gets traded for two 2nd rd draft picks

I know @Juxtaposer you really wanted him. But two 2nd rders if a bif of a hefty price. Would you have given up Chernyshov and Wallenius for Marino?
If Chernyshov and Badinka hadn’t been there at 33, I would have thought about it, but probably not. I’d have offered Ferraro and 53 for him for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad