Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So even if there are no more real changes, this team will be drastically different from last season to this season.

Grundstrom, goodrow, walman, smith, celebrini, afanasyev, warsofky.

Reactions: Sharksfan66

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Current (Post Acquisitions)
Koistin-Granlund-Zetterlund Eklund-Granlund-Zetterlund
Goodrow-Couture-Smith Koistin-Acquisition/LC-Smith
Eklund-Celebrini-Kunin Acquisition-Celebrini-Dellandra
Grundstrom-Sturm-Dellandrea Goodrow-Sturm-Kunin; Grundstrom

Walman-Ruuta Walman-Carrier
Ferraro-Emberson Ferraro-Emberson
Vlasic-Benning Vlasic-Benning (Ruuta)

Blackwood
Vanecek

We only have 12 NHL forwards. Absolutely need to add a top nine forward (I think two- unless Couture is expected to play 50-60 games), and a middle pairing RHD, pushing Ruuta to 7th man. Graf, Bords, Guschin get in with injury time/post deadline or by outplaying Koistin/Dellandra. If we can move Ruuta, or if he beats out Emberson happy to bring up Muk for 6th d-man spot. Similarly, I think it's possible Ferraro gets moved (hopefully for a late 1st) at the draft.

This team should be a bit more competitive, but almost certainly another top 5 pick. The following year, Musty, Muk, and possibly 11th overall and Bystedt join the squad.

I'm liking the look of the bottom six. Adding a legitimate NHL d-man and 1-2 top 9 forwards is a requirement. I'd love someone like Duclair, Tofolli, Debrusk, Bertuzzi, Domi, Perron, or Arvidsson. Overpay on a 2-3 year deal, likely get assets at a future deadline.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
So apparently CBJ asked Philly for #12, #36 and Colorado's 2025 1st to move up to #4 and the Flyers declined.

I think we should get in there with #11, #33 and the Vegas 1st. Guarantees us one of Lindstrom or Silayev.
Aren't you the "have we not learned our lesson about trading unprotected 1st rounders" guy?

i read it the other way. the Flyers offered that packagae and was declined.
Friedman said it was too rich for Philly on the podcast this AM.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Aren't you the "have we not learned our lesson about trading unprotected 1st rounders" guy?

Friedman said it was too rich for Philly on the podcast this AM.
Not if it lands us the 4th overall pick. Could also put some light protection on the Vegas pick (e.g. CBJ gets the lowest of our 2025 1sts and if both are top 5, converts to unprotected 2026 1st).

Sharksfan66

Nov 4, 2021
I think you could put a condition on it, right? Like we give them the later of our 2025 1sts (ours or the Vegas pick)?

$12m x 3 to bury one-timers from two of the best prospects in hockey, and hang out with Joe Thornton on the side. Who could resist?
This is the pitch. Love it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad