NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
And the panthers suddenly turn into a pumpkin

Kinda happened with vegas too but that team had a lot of injuries which doesn’t seem to be the excuse this time, plus they were up 3-0- vegas was always in control

It’s like the panthers finally switched back over to the team they used to be, where were these guys last year? Bruins are parading with silver last summer if we got this mentally soft mistake prone team were seeing vs Edmonton

I hope Edmonton wins if nothing else but for teams to build around skill again instead of doing the dirty crap. I’d like to see Florida not get rewarded for the way they conduct themselves, Tkuchuk punching pasta down on the ice was my line

Bruins were not winning Cup last year with Bergeron trying to play with a herniated disc
and whatever was wrong with McAvoy.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I have only watched highlights of this series, I'm salty when it comes to the Bruins losing in the POs. But whats better than Game 7 SC, guess I'll be taking a nap to prep for any OTs.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I hope the Oilers win this. Hopefully, there will be no more threads on who is better between McDavid and Matthews. This also makes all choke jobs lesser; this will be number one.

If a Canadian-based team wins, I am happy as long as it is not the habs, canucks or leafs. Especially since they have so many Canadians on them, it reminds me of the 2011 Bruins.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just realized the best part of this is that if Edmonton wins, the 2010 Bruins are off the hook and Florida in the finals will always be the first association with a 3-0 collapse. The 2014 Sharks didn't stick in people's memories because it was the first round, this is the finals so it'll be a thing

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I hope the Oilers win this. Hopefully, there will be no more threads on who is better between McDavid and Matthews. This also makes all choke jobs lesser; this will be number one.

If a Canadian-based team wins, I am happy as long as it is not the habs, canucks or leafs. Especially since they have so many Canadians on them, it reminds me of the 2011 Bruins.

There are such things?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Game 6 was the first I watched from start to finish. Saying that, it feels like the Panthers who have tried to assert their physicality and aggressive forecheck to intimidate or force opponents into mistakes leading to chances faced a team in the Oilers who have found a way to counter that with quick puck movement and a fantastic PK and the Panthers look a bit lost

What has worked for them without a ton of pushback from their playoff opponents is suddenly being severely tested and they looked like a team last night with no answers

All pressure on the Cats Monday IMO

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Was working out last night and put my tv steam on and came across two guys talking about what this means to Canada. They said they felt bad for the two Florida fans if they blow it.

Pretty arrogant if you ask me but this collapse if it happens is mind blowing. Im no Mcbaby fan either or that scum bag Kane.

Florida has its scum bags as well but I want the east to win regardless.

Goaltending Goaltending Goaltending, ever who gets it in game 7 brings home the cup
Not big on Kane either, but have always cut him some slack when he KO’d Matt Cooke shortly after the hit on Savard.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Game 6 was the first I watched from start to finish. Saying that, it feels like the Panthers who have tried to assert their physicality and aggressive forecheck to intimidate or force opponents into mistakes leading to chances faced a team in the Oilers who have found a way to counter that with quick puck movement and a fantastic PK and the Panthers look a bit lost

What has worked for them without a ton of pushback from their playoff opponents is suddenly being severely tested and they looked like a team last night with no answers

All pressure on the Cats Monday IMO
It feels like the Oilers have figured out the Panthers.

I would LOVE to see Edmonton win the cup. :crossfing

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I'M GOING TO GAME SEVEN!!!

It's been a lifetime dream of mine to be in the rink when the Stanley Cup was awarded. It's finally gonna happen Monday night.

I bought tickets on StubHub for my daughter and I when the Oil went up 2-0. Once they got the first ENG, I booked the flights and hotel. I can't wait.

Rooting for EDM to win, but at the end of the day I'll be there in person to see the cup presentation. The only way it can go awry is if the game goes to 5 OTs, as we have 6 am flights home on Tuesday.
That is awesome!!!! Enjoy and share some pics too!👍

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
I loved the never-ending chants. It felt like the fans were never quiet. The broadcasters spoke about it being at 110 decibels, the level of an ambulance siren. Imagine hearing that constantly for three hours! I guess it was probably less during intermissions, at least. Watched a newscast about two hours after the game, when there was still a very large crowd celebrating just outside the arena.

Reactions: sooshii

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Gotta wear a Bruins jersey. It’s a requirement
Oddly enough, the only Bruins jersey I've ever owned is a Pete Peeters. My daughter took custody of that about a dozen years ago. I'm guessing she'll be wearing it.

Down 3-0 I predicted an Oilers victory and I am sticking to it.
Amazing stuff as always, Dom.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
IMG_3019.jpeg

Saw this somewhere

RedSlider

Mar 3, 2016
I just realized the best part of this is that if Edmonton wins, the 2010 Bruins are off the hook and Florida in the finals will always be the first association with a 3-0 collapse. The 2014 Sharks didn't stick in people's memories because it was the first round, this is the finals so it'll be a thing
Interesting, I feel like 2010 doesn't get brought up all that often anymore, IMO sweeping the Flyers en route to the Cup a year later took that team firmly off the hook.

If Florida chokes this I think this gets the heat off the 2023 Bruins for "Worst Chokejob". If Florida actually loses Monday I can't see them ever living it down.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
not yet....
It's all over but the crying for the panthers

..all the pressure is on the cats, and all the momentum is with the Oilers

Even though I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of this series, Edmonton has figured out how to beat them

...and will finish them off on Monday

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It's all over but the crying for the panthers

..all the pressure is on the cats, and all the momentum is with the Oilers

Even though I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of this series, Edmonton has figured out how to beat them

...and will finish them off on Monday
lol. Amazing.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad