NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Who are we rooting for to win the cup? It has to be Edmonton right? Just can’t get past Corey Perry

Dallas. Pavelski and Seguin, and I think Robertson is great, and the whole team is just a good, solid unit that goes about things the right way. But I don't hate any of the final 4. I'd be fascinated to see McDavid in the finals and I feel like it'd be one of those crimes against talent/hard work and sporting history if he doesn't get his name on the Cup at some point. Doesn't always work out that way of course, and doesn't have to be this year, but if the Oilers can do it now it won't bother me.

Panthers I have no real beef with. They're all business and their commitment is second-to-none, and while I might wish they'd play a bit cleaner and with less theatrics, I respect the work rate and the sheer laser focus on one goal. The Rangers I'm pretty 'meh' about. I like Panarin and Kreider, don't hate anyone on their roster, Trouba sometimes goes over the top but their play is generally inoffensive and pretty entertaining when they're on a roll.

More than anything, just give us a good finals, because since 2019 (sigh) they've all been very one-sided.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Who are we rooting for to win the cup? It has to be Edmonton right? Just can’t get past Corey Perry
Any of the teams except the Panthers. I would like to see McDavid win the Cup. Of course the Canadian media would talk about him constantly but it doesn't bother me, especially since we are in the East. It would be hilarious to see Edmonton win because the Leafs fans will be absolutely p****d, and that is always fantastic entertainment - they hate the Oilers so much.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Dallas. Pavelski and Seguin, and I think Robertson is great, and the whole team is just a good, solid unit that goes about things the right way. But I don't hate any of the final 4. I'd be fascinated to see McDavid in the finals and I feel like it'd be one of those crimes against talent/hard work and sporting history if he doesn't get his name on the Cup at some point. Doesn't always work out that way of course, and doesn't have to be this year, but if the Oilers can do it now it won't bother me.

Panthers I have no real beef with. They're all business and their commitment is second-to-none, and while I might wish they'd play a bit cleaner and with less theatrics, I respect the work rate and the sheer laser focus on one goal. The Rangers I'm pretty 'meh' about. I like Panarin and Kreider, don't hate anyone on their roster, Trouba sometimes goes over the top but their play is generally inoffensive and pretty entertaining when they're on a roll.

More than anything, just give us a good finals, because since 2019 (sigh) they've all been very one-sided.

Rooting for a Panthers/Oilers final.

That would seem to be the best matchup as well as the most entertaining.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Edmonton for me. The Oilers breaking the Canada Curse after all the hype and money Toronto has thrown at trying to do it with Matthews and Marner would be hilarious to watch.

And the ones who cant let themselves appreciate the level of greatness McDavid is at because "he doesnt have a Cup" will have to shut up

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I am rooting for Florida. I take no shame in the Bruins losing to them. Out of all the teams left, and all the teams in the NHL for that matter, they embody what an NHL Playoff team should look like. Tough, chippy, skilled, play with an edge, fast, intense forecheck, "pucks on net", "pucks in deep", etc.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Dallas was my pick for the cup. I like their team and am rooting for them to win. I have no issue with Edmonton, if they beat Dallas I'll be pulling for the Oilers. I want the Rangers to beat Florida, but I can't root for either of those teams to win the cup.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad