NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Koncussion Kase puts Czechia in the lead 3-2 with a prime assist by the ref.

Sweden trails for the first time in the tournament.

Necas one timer off faceoff and the home crowd going crazy. 4-2 Czechia.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Whoever gets to be GM of the Utah team is going to have a fun time building.
This is their drafts:
View attachment 874396
They also have like 45 mill in cap space. And thats not counting the 7.5 mill with shea weber.

I know Ari owners didn't care but if Utah ends up with an owner like Las Vegas, look out.
You know it doesn’t work that way. They’ve been drafting forever. What does the owner do? There is a cap. Vegas got lucky being the first to take advantage of stupid GM’s. Seattle? You can’t sign all these picks if they are good. They are coming out at the same time. Edmonton?? Is there a special player coming out?
Having said that, that’s a lot of assets to make trades, I’ll grant you that. I wish the B’s had a quarter of that.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Sedlak gets ANOTHER break away
uses SAME move
Scores again
7-3 Czechia

Sweden last 7 games, 7 goals allowed.

5 left to play in 3rd and theyve given up 7.

Great stuff by the home team. The fans will remember this game.

Reactions: Terrier

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
There’s a long long list of professional athletes across all sports having oral ticks. Used to be chewing gum, then it became mouth guards. I’ve read some reports on it being speculation that a lot of those guys have ADHD. And the oral ticks help with focus which is interesting.
Lots of schools allow kids w/ diagnosed ADHD to chew gum to help their sensory integration and self-regulation.

To be honest, the kids I've seen who have had that permission don't behave any better with the gum than without, but who knows.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Czechia goaltender went for the empty netter :D

Lots of schools allow kids w/ diagnosed ADHD to chew gum to help their sensory integration and self-regulation.

To be honest, the kids I've seen who have had that permission don't behave any better with the gum than without, but who knows.
I bet the janitors behavior is worse.

Lucas Raymond looking for blood on Kubalik in a late scrum.

Babajingo

You know it doesn’t work that way. They’ve been drafting forever. What does the owner do? There is a cap. Vegas got lucky being the first to take advantage of stupid GM’s. Seattle? You can’t sign all these picks if they are good. They are coming out at the same time. Edmonton?? Is there a special player coming out?
Having said that, that’s a lot of assets to make trades, I’ll grant you that. I wish the B’s had a quarter of that.
I get your point. The issue I see is that ARI never signed big time UFAs or traded for a prime player. The only one I can remotely see is OEL a few years ago.
Look at their roster, the only long time contract is Keller, which I believe was an RFA signing. And they have 44 mil in cap space. It's obvious they didnt want to spend. If the new owner is willing to sign/trade assets for prime players (spend) and combine it with whatever of their many picks works out, that could work out well.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I get your point. The issue I see is that ARI never signed big time UFAs or traded for a prime player. The only one I can remotely see is OEL a few years ago.
Look at their roster, the only long time contract is Keller, which I believe was an RFA signing. And they have 44 mil in cap space. It's obvious they didnt want to spend. If the new owner is willing to sign/trade assets for prime players (spend) and combine it with whatever of their many picks works out, that could work out well.
OEL was drafted by AZ/UT...... because he played in Portland in that team's 20th anniversary season of 2014/2015.... the year before the team was sold to the group in Springfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad