NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
That’s why they are so successful imo, on top of making the other team play a physical grueling grind fest they can simultaneously let their skilled players play their game so a team has to either sacrifice the body or their positioning.
Their stars will grind too which I think makes the biggest difference.

The thing I saw, first period Tkachuk blew up Trochek twice. About 3 shifts later Trochek enters offensive zone, pulls out and quickly gets rid of the puck with his head looking for someone that was going to hit him. Thats how you change a team. One by one you start making them hear footsteps

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Their stars will grind too which I think makes the biggest difference.

The thing I saw, first period Tkachuk blew up Trochek twice. About 3 shifts later Trochek enters offensive zone, pulls out and quickly gets rid of the puck with his head looking for someone that was going to hit him. Thats how you change a team. One by one you start making them hear footsteps
Huby for Tkachuk will probably go down as one of the biggest franchise altering trades ever.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Rangers defense can be victimized. Jacob Trouba is a liability back there. Gustafsson isn't very good. Miller is up and down. Schneider is very good, but he (and Miller) are both pretty young. That forecheck could eat them up.

Rangers are a good team, a very good one. I expect a bounce back especially offensively. Shesterkin made some very good saves, but also made some pretty big mistakes on both Florida goals.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Love them or hate them, the Panthers are a damn good playoff team. It's going to take an opponent with some serious spine to beat them. The Rangers have the talent, but are they tough enough? Carolina made them look very vulnerable 5v5, and while Bobrovsky has his flaws, he and the Panthers' D are not going to give NY the easy goals to get by that the Canes did.

The Rangers are a chance if they can get their offense going and Igor brings his best, which in G1 he unfortunately didn't. But Florida in 6 or so is my tip.

Out west, Stars are clear favorites, the most rounded team in the league I feel, although they will be well-served to stay out of the box as much as possible. The Oilers' offense will probably fire enough to win them a couple of games at least. But 4 seems a stretch unless McDavid and Draisaitl go absolutely nuclear, which you can't rule out.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
NHL tonight before tonight's game. First thing they talk about is Bennet and Trouba. Basically they are playoff players. They intend to injure and its ok. I don't get it.
I would've asked, if thats the case, why have a DOPS?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for physical play. Its essential to momentum of the game. But intent to injure is ok? First I've heard that.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Had to work tonight, so only caught the highlights.

Bobrovsky was the story, as New York was able to expose Florida's heavy forecheck with numerous breakaways/odd-mans. If they convert any of those, it's a different game.

That being said, 5-on-5 the Panthers can wear down the Rangers and win. Even against the Bs, they weren't last year's Panthers mucking it up after every whistle. They even scratched Cousins and Lomberg. They clearly know a parade to the penalty box will help the Rangers.

As for wanting to hurt opposing players, Brad Marchand spoke candidly on it. Bennett was just off the DL and Marchand was targeting him; Bennett simply expected it and was the hammer not the nail.

Fans at this board were saying the Bs should target Nylander after his injury, and said the same thing about Bennett. But we must remember, that's a two-way street.

Edmonton's shot suppression was excellent against Vancouver, and they had depth scoring when McDavid and Draisaitl were shut down/limited. But Dallas is stacked and has a clear edge in net.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The Rangers have been absolutely unwatchable for about 20 years. How anyone can be a fan of that team is beyond me, the Bruins at their worse are like the 80s Oilers compared to that boring ass franchise.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Had to work tonight, so only caught the highlights.

Bobrovsky was the story, as New York was able to expose Florida's heavy forecheck with numerous breakaways/odd-mans. If they convert any of those, it's a different game.

That being said, 5-on-5 the Panthers can wear down the Rangers and win. Even against the Bs, they weren't last year's Panthers mucking it up after every whistle. They even scratched Cousins and Lomberg. They clearly know a parade to the penalty box will help the Rangers.

As for wanting to hurt opposing players, Brad Marchand spoke candidly on it. Bennett was just off the DL and Marchand was targeting him; Bennett simply expected it and was the hammer not the nail.

Fans at this board were saying the Bs should target Nylander after his injury, and said the same thing about Bennett. But we must remember, that's a two-way street.

Edmonton's shot suppression was excellent against Vancouver, and they had depth scoring when McDavid and Draisaitl were shut down/limited. But Dallas is stacked and has a clear edge in net.
I love the if this if that they would have won. Bruins lost 4 games to Florida on what if's.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Starting to think we just keep running into the one team that has our number, and that maybe we're good and they're just better (than us).

This is what it feels like to be a Leafs fan maybe?
The Panthers are just a power house right now and are able to make any team they play against in a series look like dogs. Cassidy figured it out by having Vegas go all in physically but if coaches keep trying to out coach PoMo on the ice it’s gonna be an easy walk for them. Watching the rags struggle so similarly makes me feel a bit better about the B’s though. I think if we had a center that could match up against Barkov and some more bite we’d be right there with them.

Reactions: goldenblack

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
The Panthers are just a power house right now and are able to make any team they play against in a series look like dogs. Cassidy figured it out by having Vegas go all in physically but if coaches keep trying to out coach PoMo on the ice it’s gonna be an easy walk for them. Watching the rags struggle so similarly makes me feel a bit better about the B’s though. I think if we had a center that could match up against Barkov and some more bite we’d be right there with them.

The margin may have been as little as an injured Pasta...

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Rangers defense can be victimized. Jacob Trouba is a liability back there. Gustafsson isn't very good. Miller is up and down. Schneider is very good, but he (and Miller) are both pretty young. That forecheck could eat them up.

Rangers are a good team, a very good one. I expect a bounce back especially offensively. Shesterkin made some very good saves, but also made some pretty big mistakes on both Florida goals.

Rangers are good but have noticeable weaknesses and vulnerability in them. Panthers are a well oiled machine top to bottom and have a lot less noticeable weaknesses. I expect NYR to bounce back but I still think Florida is deeper and stronger and should take this series

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Rangers have been absolutely unwatchable for about 20 years. How anyone can be a fan of that team is beyond me, the Bruins at their worse are like the 80s Oilers compared to that boring ass franchise.

Maybe previous seasons but they’ve been electric offensively this year. 5 players with 70+ points. Solid defense and a top 5 goalie. It’s no joke they made it to the ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad