Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals - Celtics lead series 3-1 - Game 5 Monday at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm getting emotional thinking about the game.

It is stuff like this that really makes my dad not being here the hardest. I grew up going to Celtics games as a kid in the late 80's into the mid 90's when he had season tickets. It was like hitting the lottery if you were picked to go. We watched them win in 2008 and I got to experience the joy my dad had back in the 80's. I would give up everything just to have him here for tonight's game.

I'm sorry. I just had to get that out. I apologize for sounding so foolish.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

It is stuff like this that really makes my dad not being here the hardest. I grew up going to Celtics games as a kid in the late 80's into the mid 90's when he had season tickets. It was like hitting the lottery if you were picked to go. We watched them win in 2008 and I got to experience the joy my dad had back in the 80's. I would give up everything just to have him here for tonight's game.

It's never foolish to talk about cherished memories. I'm sure your dad is with in you in spirit (I know mine is).

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Not too worried about tonight. Statistics have to balance back out, and we should be more focused. I think the Celts, just like Florida, thought they were up 3-0 and the other team was gonna roll over for them. And they didn’t. But they’re still the better teams, so I expect they both will win in the end.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't say this a lot but I despise Kyrie Irving. Hate him. Fake intellectual/giant piece of shit.

Imagine being taken aback by an organization and fan base expecting you to embrace being part of the team/city. Throwing in the word cult? Guy is a grade A asshole. End this tonight.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I don't say this a lot but I despise Kyrie Irving. Hate him. Fake intellectual/giant piece of shit.

Imagine being taken aback by an organization and fan base expecting you to embrace being part of the team/city. Throwing in the word cult? Guy is a grade A asshole. End this tonight.
Its one of the reasons I'm glad the 2010s era of the NBA is slowly coming to an end. For a while it seemed as though players grew bigger than the game. The players in that era expected you to be a fan of them rather than a fan of the team they're playing for. Seems its shifting back a bit.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Fake intellectual is the perfect description of him

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I'm so over the Kyrie stuff. If they can finish the job, i even think the fans should stop booing him. What better way to end that chapter and move on than beating him in the finals. He wanted out of LeBron's shadow in Cleveland then didn't want to entertain the pressure and scrutiny that came with being the superstar and number 1 for an iconic team in the league. He didn't know what he wanted and he might finally have got himself together in Dallas.

The similarities between this and the cup final are pretty crazy. Better team wins the first three games then get bodied with a chance to sweep. Even down to both teams stars being classmates.

I believe them when they say Porzingis doesn't have a minutes restriction but in a way that he's not getting any meaningful minutes so there's no point putting a minutes restriction on him. If he is going to play though, get him in there about 3 or 4 minutes into the game. Get the crowd hype and both teams will get a couple of possession before the tv timeout around 6 minutes in so if he doesn't have any juice and can't move or come close on a shot then you can pull him easily. These teams are really close without Porzingis, the +/- was 0 combined in Game 1 & 2 without him. Even if it's just 10 good minutes, anything would be huge.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

No need to apologize and not foolish at all.

I also grew up going to many games with my dad. Unfortunately he passed away due to cancer when I was 19. I every big moment, playoff series, championship I wish I could celebrate with him.

To the dads!!!!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Finish the f***ing job. No excuses. Our home. Our court. Our fans.

A moment that will on forever.

Earn it. Want it. Get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: