Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals - Celtics lead series 3-1 - Game 5 Monday at TD Garden

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
This game went as expected by me. The J's won't learn how to win until they do. Human nature to be so close and let down enough to get rocked.
This is much better than losing a close game. Not showing up can be fixed, you would hope.
Good thing there are 2 days off between games now. They need the self reflection.
Monday night should be a war.

Reactions: Maine Fan and DKH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
page (46).jpg
page (47).jpg
page (48).jpg
page (49).jpg

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Glad it’s Monday and not shoe-horned into Sunday but 8:30 sucks

Dallas has scored more points in the series

Monday supposed to be the beginning of warm temps and nice weather

Everything setting up for them just need to do it

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Tatum gotta learn to play through non calls. His throwing his hands in the air when no foul is called doesn’t get the refs on his side. After a whistle go talk to them. Do not show them up.

He gave up early in this one also.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Tatum gotta learn to play through non calls. His throwing his hands in the air when no foul is called doesn’t get the refs on his side. After a whistle go talk to them. Do not show them up.

He gave up early in this one also.
He has been very good in this series I thought not doing this. But give credit to Dallas they didn't allow many seams in the paint.

Reactions: lopey

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I would like to formally apologize to the entirety of Celtic fandom.
I turned on the game last night to see if they would win the championship in the sweep. It was the only game I've watched so far in a month.

I won't be repeating that mistake.

I'm sorry for what I've done.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Probably figured this was their only chance to use it

While it was a blow- out it was one game ...refocus on Monday and claim #18
No athlete in the world at any level likes to be embarrased. If they were going to lose I am glad it was in this fashion. I would expect a much better effort Monday. Hopefully the 3 extra days allows Porzingis the chance to actually play as they can really use him.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
one other observation.......the Celtics have still yet to have a game where they shoot the ball well. I expect that game to come just like it did last night for Dallas. They really need to rebound better as the effort was just not there last night. I love Payton Pritchard but they may have been better served true Oshae last night as he does provide max effort on defense and the boards. Hopefully Joe makes adjustments.

If all else fails and they lose game 5, we might have to all pitch in and send Ali down to Dallas for game 6 to heckle Kyrie into submission!

Reactions: CDJ

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Plus Ref Scott Foster is the NBAs secret sauce to extending series, whether or not due to calls.
He's living curse to the team that is up in the series. I doubt he'll ref 2 games in a row.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Question:

I don't follow the NBA other than to check the standings so I have little experience if any with other teams and player performances.

Observation: with the Celtics it seems to me that when one player has an off night scoring the entire team has an off night. I realize one could say it is because of the other team's defense. But look at game 4 of the playoffs, Tatum, Brown, and Holiday kept missing FGs as they were at the net. Also add White and they all missed many open 3s. I have seen the same in regular season games.

So Question: why does this happen multiple players having off nights, open shots, in same game from same team?

Is it lack of prep, coach's job, before the game? Other teams defense, I am talking open or easy layup?

Thanks for your thoughts regarding the answer.

Reactions: Gordoff

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
For me, Tatum is a strange NBA star player. Is he truly a star? He struggles getting into the mix of being a league MVP. He just set the record as the only NBA player to have two (2) playoff games over minus 30 games (-30), one against the Warriors and one in game 4 Friday night.

What is with this?

Can't handle pressure?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
For me, Tatum is a strange NBA star player. Is he truly a star? He struggles getting into the mix of being a league MVP. He just set the record as the only NBA player to have two (2) playoff games over minus 30 games (-30), one against the Warriors and one in game 4 Friday night.

What is with this?

Can't handle pressure?

Does he though? He's finish 6th, 4th, 6th in MVP voting (all 3 higher than Pierce ever finished for reference) and 3 straight 1st team all NBA.

He's pretty firmly established in the 4th-5th best player in the league spot. Which is no slight against guys like Giannis, Jokic and those that get media love like Embiid and Doncic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad