Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Habs Rookie Camp & Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
If he still is not ready, which is to be confirmed, you swallow your pride and admit you were wrong and send him down to the AHL.

Promising, sure. Weaker ? Hardly, Slaf had very little redeeming qualities last year.
"Very little redeeming qualities" ? You might not like the way the team handled Slafkovsky last year. and there may be merit in that point of view. But its also important to note that Slafkovsky played more games, scored more goals and points in the NHL last year than all of the other players drafted in the 2022 draft, combined.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
It kinda sucks for Kidney. 2nd round pick, puts up 100+ pts in junior the last two seasons…Gets treated like a 5th rounder, future 4th liner.
He is a marginal prospect.
He might make it but he still has a lot to prove.

No way he should be treated above proven NHLers and AHL vets like Gignac.

"Very little redeeming qualities" ? You might not like the way the team handled Slafkovsky last year. and there may be merit in that point of view. But its also important to note that Slafkovsky played more games, scored more goals and had points in the NHL last year than all of the other players drafted in the 2022 draft, combined.
The fun things is that Nemec, Jiricek, Cooley and Wright should all play NHL this year.

The rubber will meet the road and we will have answer to our debate and disaccord.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He is a marginal prospect.
He might make it but he still has a lot to prove.

No way he should be treated above proven NHLers and AHL vets like Gignac.

The fun things is that Nemec, Jiricek, Cooley and Wright should all play NHL this year.

The rubber will meet the road and we will have answer to our debate and disaccord.
What so many here fail to realize that the development of these men-children is not a sprint but a marathon. I guess in this current age of instant gratification, the value of patience is a lost art.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It would be a poetic outcome for a trade of an extra goalie who was a throw-in, but at the same time, I hope that his skating allows him to mesh with those two. Can that still be improved at 31? :skeptic:
Since neither Cole or Nick are considered "speed burners". I think Pearson should be able to keep up. I'm thinking more that he'll do the dirty work on the line. Allowing Cole and Nick to do their thing.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
from seeing the clips of camp so far, Slaf just looks even stronger than last year

I think he is going to absolutely break out and be a massive power forward like Tom WIlson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I like that they have the AHL coaches behind the bench with the NHL coaches.

The Laval coaches can evaluate guys who will very likely play in Laval. But also continues to build the synergy between Laval and Montreal.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
nothing ruins an origninal 6 jersey like a corporate sponsor, so gross.
There are have been even more offensive examples in professional soccer.
1695575242007.png

• Wow
Reactions: viceroy and Habs

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Since neither Cole or Nick are considered "speed burners". I think Pearson should be able to keep up. I'm thinking more that he'll do the dirty work on the line. Allowing Cole and Nick to do their thing.
Which would make them more needful of someone who can push the pace and complement them with a combination of speed and forechecking. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
nothing ruins an origninal 6 jersey like a corporate sponsor, so gross.
I don't like it at all. I'm at the point I'm going to start a GoFundMe page. So money can be collected, to pay Molson the equivalent money he receives for our boys having to wear that stupid patch.

Reactions: Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad