Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Wow. I'm kinda shocked lol

Few thing:

1) Can't believe he dumped both players without any retention and sweeteners. Especially an 8.5M contract. How often does that happen? Amazing

2) Couldn't tell you the last time we've had cap and I've been excited for FA.

3) I now expect a slight overpay for Stamkos based off the 4-5 number we were hearing. We'll also probably overpay for any FAs we're bringing in. With that said, f*** it. Go for the gold now.

4) Seems we'll take a shot at Guentzel. What about Kane now?

5) Kinda sad about Serge. He was a big part of this team and cup runs. He was 1000% worth the Drouin trade and made the most of his time here. Good luck to him.

6) I'm more than happy to say I was wrong and jumped the gun with JBB if he can get Stamkos and other FA signed.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
JBB cleaning up the messes he's made.

Maybe he's not done yet, still time to trade Cirelli
I doubt we do that. The Sergachev trade gives us enough cap space to give the team a face lift, while also starting to stock the cupboard back up. I was hoping for a 2C, but this is just as good.

S

Few thing:

1) Can't believe he dumped both players without any retention and sweeteners. Especially an 8.5M contract. How often does that happen? Amazing

3) I now expect a slight overpay for Stamkos based off the 4-5 number we were hearing. We'll also probably overpay for any FAs we're bringing in. With that said, f*** it. Go for the gold now.

5) Kinda sad about Serge. He was a big part of this team and cup runs. He was 1000% worth the Drouin trade and made the most of his time here. Good luck to him.

6) I'm more than happy to say I was wrong and jumped the gun with JBB if he can get Stamkos and other FA signed.
Sergachev is viewed as a 1b around the league, even if that's not the reality. This was the perfect time to trade him.

S

Few thing:

Sergachev is viewed as a 1b around the league, even if that's not the reality. This was the perfect time to trade him.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Hes just coming off his rookie deal too, so hopefully we sign him under 3 direction 3 years and see if he can continue to handle 20+ mins a night on what should be a better team/situation for him. If he can be our McD replacement in 2-3 years that could be huge. Either way, we all wanted a cheaper LD3 option and we got one now

Hedman-Raddysh
McDonagh-Cernak
Moser-Perbix

Hedman PP1 Raddysh PP2

McDonagh-Cernak PK 1
Hedman-Perbix PK 2

I'm very happy with this

You weren't wrong, JBB stood in front of a camera, looked us in the eyes, and said next years top 4 was set. We were just going off of what he said, everyone and their mother knew Sergachev needed to go.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hedman-Raddysh
McDonagh-Cernak
Moser-Perbix

Hedman PP1 Raddysh PP2

McDonagh-Cernak PK 1
Hedman-Perbix PK 2

I'm very happy with this
I'd still prefer to move Perbix and find a better RD option but this isn't bad. McD and Cernak need to reform that chemistry and become that reliable shutdown line again for us so Heddy can be Heddy and focus on offense

Raddysh has been good to fine, and cheap. Good little glimmers of offense productivity as well. Hoping Moser is solid

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Last edited:

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Hedman-Raddysh
McDonagh-Cernak
Moser-Perbix

Hedman PP1 Raddysh PP2

McDonagh-Cernak PK 1
Hedman-Perbix PK 2

I'm very happy with this

You weren't wrong, JBB stood in front of a camera, looked us in the eyes, and said next years top 4 was set. We were just going off of what he said, everyone and their mother knew Sergachev needed to go.
Change Perbix to Lilleberg *if he can develop, and D core looks good, but still sad without Sergy

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'd still prefer to move Perbix and find a better RD option but this isn't bad. McD and Cernak need to reform that chemistry and become that reliable shutdown line again for us so Heddy can be Heddy and focus on offense

Raddysh has been good to fine, and cheap. Good little glimmers of offense productivity as well. Hoping Moser is solid

Once Perbix got away from Sergachev and CDH he did a solid job. I think playing next to a solid D in Moser, he's going to look completely different. Hopefully

Change Perbix to Lilleberg *if he can develop, and D core looks good, but still sad without Sergy

I don't think we'll see that, unless Moser is good at playing RD which I haven't read anything that says he does.

Reactions: Peacefool

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
JBB cleaning up the messes he's made.

Maybe he's not done yet, still time to trade Cirelli
honestly this lets yall spend to the cap this year, let geekie cook for a season and if he pops, trade cirelli next offseason and open up a ton of cap room again... this has the potential to be a great deal for tampa

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Once Perbix got away from Sergachev and CDH he did a solid job. I think playing next to a solid D in Moser, he's going to look completely different. Hopefully

I don't think we'll see that, unless Moser is good at playing RD which I haven't read anything that says he does.
As for me both Perbix and Lilleberg werent good enough last season, but Lilleberg can hit, Perbix too shy and weak (?) to use his body, and Lilleberg actively joins attack group, those 2 things for me are things that make Lilleberg better than Perbix, but if Perbix can make a step forward, step what was expected from him after his 1st seasson, than he can become good and valuable D :)

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
honestly this lets yall spend to the cap this year, let geekie cook for a season and if he pops, trade cirelli next offseason and open up a ton of cap room again... this has the potential to be a great deal for tampa

Cirelli has a full NMC come July 1st. Now or never with him.

As for me both Perbix and Lilleberg werent good enough last season, but Lilleberg can hit, Perbix too shy and weak (?) to use his body, and Lilleberg actively joins attack group, those 2 things for me are things that make Lilleberg better than Perbix, but if Perbix can make a step forward, step what was expected from him after his 1st seasson, than he can become good and valuable D :)

I like Lilleberg, would prefer him over Perbix if handedness wasn't a concern.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I know there's more slots needed but would y'all be happy with
Stamkos - 5M
Guentzel - 8M
Moser - 3M
That probably close to what it would look like.

I don't think we can afford to dump anyone else at this point. We do need to fill out a roster. Cirelli stays. Cernak stays. I think even Shesry probably stays and goes on the 3rd line with Paul.

What about Skinner buy out or Maroon league minimum? We do need some type of toughness after losing Jeannot.

Reactions: Lightning1995

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
J

Jake turned down 8 x8 with the hurricanes unless he just really wants to sign with Tampa ? I can’t see us offering more then 8 for Jake
No, and we shouldn't. We have options now. Bertuzzi, Kane, Guentzel. Maybe he didn't want to live there? Maybe there's a tax difference? Maybe he sees a better cup chance in Tampa? Who knows.

Reactions: The Gongshow

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
No, and we shouldn't. We have options now. Bertuzzi, Kane, Guentzel. Maybe he didn't want to live there? Maybe there's a tax difference? Maybe he sees a better cup chance in Tampa? Who knows.
While I would prefer Jake, if they could swing both Kane and Betuzzzi for the same price that would be two incredible signings

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Carolina doing God's holy work leaking everything like a seive to the beat writers and letting Lightning fans know what the team is thinking for a change. All the waiting in the dark confused until "boom it happened" is exhausting

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I’d love for them to take a run at Patrick Kane and Stamkos for say 2-3 year deals we definitely need a skilled winger on line 2

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Really trying to use the cap space for another forward?

I mean Guentzel is awesome and everything

but the current dcore as it stands now is not cup caliber imo

and you ain't getting the defense from the crop of forwards we have now to make up for it
You have a point about the defensive depth now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad