Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 4

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not as great of a return for Serg as I thought, but a.much better return than expected for Jeannot. If Geekie pans out though it could be pretty good.
Yeah when I saw Jeannot traded I rushed to see what we paid to get rid of him. But turns out someone actually was willing to use assets to get him.

Reactions: JTBF81

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Why bring Mac back just to trade Sergy away? This makes no sense?

Guess this does give us cap space but this doesn’t improve us at all.
It is all about getting the Cup back to Tampa Bay in the next two seasons. After that, your core may very well be unable to contribute at the level their contracts say they should be and it is time to go full rebuild.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Let's gooo!
Good trades IMO, JJ Moser has very good potential still. Wonder if we can sign him cheap.
Geekie will be a stud, very nice.
Picks for Jeannot at this point it's a goated move, didn't think we could get anything for him.

And now. Sign Stammer AND Guentzel (on July 1st).
Would be awesome, Guentzel is a playoff monster.

Let's play

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I just realized that the player involved in this trade is not Morgan Geekie, but an entirely different human. To be fair, I think there should really be a maximum of one player named Geekie at a time in this league.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Not as great of a return for Serg as I thought, but a.much better return than expected for Jeannot. If Geekie pans out though it could be pretty good.
Most posters are calling it a good trade for both teams.
The key was freeing up the Cap Space to sign Stamkos, which is done.
Oddly, many posting here were fully prepared to do whatever was necessary to free up that Cap Space, so this appears to be exactly what most of the fan base wanted.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Dont think ive seen us this far down the list in years
snip (71).png

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We managed to get our bottom pair LD3 (has to be signed still, but should be relatively cheap) and a potential 2C prospect.

Both very young. Plus 2nd round next year which could be a high one.

Excellent return for Serg, imo. Cap Space and 2 solid prospects is pretty great

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Forward group needs someone tough, go get Olivier from CBJ please.

Guentzel is a good player but I'm always a bit wary of the "top prize" UFAs. Especially if you're trying to minimize Stamkos' cap hit just to throw 7 or 8 at Guentzel.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
To me, moving Sergachev was the obvious move. It seemed crazy that JBB wasn't considering it.

This gives us a chance to do a real retool and re open the windows.

Credit to JBB for pulling the trigger.

Now I want Stamkos signed, and either Tyler Bertuzzi or a solid RHD.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Forward group needs someone tough, go get Olivier from CBJ please.

Guentzel is a good player but I'm always a bit wary of the "top prize" UFAs. Especially if you're trying to minimize Stamkos' cap hit just to throw 7 or 8 at Guentzel.
Top prize is probably still Reinhart (57 goals + cup) who is also a proven playoff performer now, kind of.

But I think I'd prefer Guentzel at say 7 than Sam at like 9.5. But both probably want and get more.

I agree we'll need a little more sandpaper in the lineup forsure, Bjorn ain't a bad idea

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Most posters are calling it a good trade for both teams.
The key was freeing up the Cap Space to sign Stamkos, which is done.
Oddly, many posting here were fully prepared to do whatever was necessary to free up that Cap Space, so this appears to be exactly what most of the fan base wanted.
Yeah, the return is.fine the more I look at it. Trading Serg was what I was hoping for if a big contract had to go. It gives them, in addition to Jeannot and maybe something with Sheary and/or Perbix, for Tampa to really address multiple areas. They can keep Stamkos, add another RD and another F. If Serg takes the.next step it could be rough for Tampa down the line, but for the here and.now, it was the nest path forward for reallocation of cap to.improve the team this year.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Top prize is probably still Reinhart (57 goals + cup) who is also a proven playoff performer now, kind of.

But I think I'd prefer Guentzel at say 7 than Sam at like 9.5. But both probably want and get more.

I agree we'll need a little more sandpaper in the lineup forsure, Bjorn ain't a bad idea
Hurricanes offered him 8 million per year for 8 years and he rejected it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay