Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 4

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Surprise deadline day!

I'd figure the Devils were interested in Kuemper, and when they went with Markstrom, that allowed this deal to happen.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If Dubois is completely checked out while playing in a young team on the rise in LA, imagine how little he'll care when playing for a team whose only target is to get Ovechkin as many goals as possible, lmao.
Ovi may be the one to get Dubois to buy in. Somebody is going to be his center and get all those points.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
He just had 8 points in 16 games in the playoffs and back to back 30+ points before this year.. if anything he's been better since he left.
His shot percentage was 40%, 4 goals in 80 regular season games is more indicative of his level. Oh well, doesn't matter now.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Makes sense, why would he want to go block shoes and pk for a bottom feeder. SJ trades Goodrow at 50% and gets some assets for nothing. Goodrow at 1.8m is valuable.
I could see the allure of JBB and Cooper wanting him back. I think it's a pipe dream because getting McDonagh back AND him is just too much for me to believe in one offseason. With that said, him at 1.8M is incredibly good value and I'd be all for it.

Why would SJ pick up his salary just to buy him out?
Likely stays with the team until TDL or he's traded with retention during the offseason.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Why is today trade day?
1. Cap space for the first time in 43 years

2. Because hockey season runs way, way too late and waiting for the SCF to finish up so you can make moves stupid. Teams need to get things done. It's getting to be the 3rd week of June

They seriously need puck drop on October 1st and the season over May 31st already. They're trying to avoid the NBA finals every year anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad