Prospect Info: [2023 - 110th] Bogdan Konyushkov (KHL - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod)

Trembz

GHG
Jul 2, 2009
Canada
Time for me again...

Where are we in the Konyushkov is a top 4 NHL'er and our most underrated prospect? All that icetime and such a bad statssheet?

Do your thing Kony.

Not that I think he's our most underrated prospect or even that he'll be a top 4, but have you watched him play or are you familiar with who they've added/removed from the team in the past 2 years or are you strictly looking at the stats?
To my understanding, he's focused on playing a more defensive role this year since Slava Voynov joined the team.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
what's his game looked like this year?

Haven't watched Konyushkov that much, but from what I saw I'd say he's been more of less the same as last year, just more snake-bitten.

He generated some nice chances against Magnitogorsk the game I saw, with nothing in the way of stats to show for it.

But Konyushkov exhibited some nice poise under pressure, executed breakouts quickly, and overall just played a quiet yet effective game as he often did last year.

I did not see him make any egregious mistake, nor miss his coverage in any clearly noticeable way.

Don't know if Konyushkov'll ever be a good NHL defenseman given his frankly quite middling size/strength/skating combo and lack of any elite skill, but I like him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
what's his game looked like this year?
To me, he's a safe, pass first prospect. I don't see any elite qualities. A time and dozen type of players that since they are euros, could probably try out there, but will eventually go back.

Let,s be honest, what struck us last year was the offensive game he was bringing. Without that, he becomes another fine d-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad